Happiest

*Two months later*

The doctor: "I will need you to push once more." 

S* The doctor begged Raquel while I held her hand, standing by her side.

R: "I can't!" 

R* I shouted in pain, I couldn't do this anymore. 

S: "You can!"

R* Sergio tried to encourage me.

S: "You can do this, you're the strongest woman I know." 

S* I felt how she held my hand even tighter. 

R: "Ahhh!"

R* I cried in pain. I had no strength left.

The doctor: "Raquel, please listen to me, I need you to push one last time, okay?"

R* I took a deep breath and held Sergio's hand as tight as I could. 

The doctor: "Ready?" 

R* The doctor asked as she saw that I was getting ready for another push. I silently nodded, and so did the doctor.

The doctor: "Push!"

R: "Ahhh!"

R* I shouted in pain as I used all the strength I had left for this push. Suddenly I felt a big relief, the pain stopped. I laid on the pillow under me, and a few seconds later I heard a baby's scream.

The doctor: "Congratulations, you have a healthy boy."

S* Tears started rolling down my cheeks as I saw him. He was covered in blood, but he was so beautiful. I looked at Raquel who was lying on the pillow. She looked exhausted but happy. I leaned closer to her and kissed her lips.

S: "You did it." 

S* I smiled and rubbed her hair. She just silently nodded. We were looking at each other for a moment when they brought us our little boy. 

R* I took him into my arms, he looked so beautiful, he reminded me of his dad so much. 

R: "He looks exactly like a small version of you."

S* Raquel smiled and caressed the small boy's cheek 

S: "But I'm sure he has some of your features."

S* I smiled, kissing Raquel's lips again. 

R: "I love you so much." 

S* She looked into my eyes.

S: "I love you, too." 

S* I looked at our baby boy.

S: "Both of you."

R* I was all tired. I was crying, I was sobbing, but I was so happy. I couldn't imagine being happier.

S* I was standing there, next to the bed enjoying the moment, everything felt like a dream. I couldn't believe this was our baby, our son. We were smiling, laughing, talking until the nurse came.

Nurse: "Good afternoon, I'm here to register baby's name."

S* She smiled, and I and Raquel exchanged looks. It's been a while since we've been thinking of a name, but we still haven't chosen from the two of them. I liked the name Mateo, while Raquel liked the name Javier.

R* I looked at Sergio and he nodded.

R: "His name is Mateo."

R* I smiled and rubbed his cheek. He has fallen asleep in my arms.

Nurse: "Alright, Mateo Murillo Marquina, I will be right back with the registration papers."

S* When the nurse left I looked at our little boy. I was so happy.

S: "Mateo..."

S* I whispered quietly while Raquel rubbed my beard.

R: "He looks like Mateo."

R* I smiled, Sergio leaned closer to me placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

S* Everything ran smoothly, even though I wanted to stay in a hospital, I couldn't. They wouldn't let me and even Raquel wanted me to go home to take care of Paula. When I got home and announced the news, Paula seemed happier than ever and so did Mariví.

The next day we went to the hospital together. Paula met her little brother and thankfully they got along pretty well. We were chatting in Raquel's room. I was holding Raquel's hand while Mariví held Mateo. We were having a good time when we heard a light knock on the door. Raquel shot me with a glance and I raised my eyebrows.

I gave Raquel a quick kiss and went to the door. As soon as I opened them a wide smile appeared on my face.

Everyone: "Congratulations!"

S* Our whole family, the whole gang was standing there. I looked behind me, Raquel was smiling.

Sergio: "Come in."

R* Sergio opened the door and everyone walked in.

Andrés: "Show me my nephew."

S* My excited brother was the first one to walk in.

S: "Calm down a little."

S* I let out a small chuckle.

Andrés: "Calm down? Mi hermanito just had a son and you expect me to be calm?"

S* He raised his eyebrows and I couldn't help, but laugh.

R* My mom put Mateo into my arms.

R: "Everyone please welcome Mateo."

R* I smiled widely as I looked at Sergio. They all crowded around me to see the new member of our gang. They welcomed him with warm smiles and everyone was happy for us.

When they left, it was only me and Sergio left. My sister took Paula and my mom home and even though, I told Sergio to go home as well, he insisted on staying. He sat next to me on the chair. Mateo was in his crib and we were only talking about everything.

Raquel: "It's crazy."

R* I exhaled with tears in my eyes.

S: "It is, can you believe it?"

S* I smiled.

S: "Can you believe that we have a beautiful son?"

R* Sergio moved closer towards me.

R: "I can't."

R* I saw how tears appeared in his eyes as well.

R: "But most unbelievable is that El Profesor is now a father."

S* She chuckled lightly.

S: "El Profesor just needed to find the right woman to do all this with."

R* He rubbed my cheek.

S: "Still, it's unbelievable for me, after everything we have gone through..."

R* A small tear escaped his eye.

S: "I'm the happiest man in the world."

S* I couldn't hold my tears.

S: "And that all thanks to you, Raquel."

R* He looked deeply into my eyes.

S: "You made me the happiest man in the world..."
R: "And you made me the happiest woman in the world, Sergio."

R* He pulled me into a deep kiss. I couldn't be happier, he made me this happy. He was my hero.

*The end*

You came to the end of this story. It was a long way and I really enjoyed every part of it. I hope you enjoyed reading and love you all. Kaja.

PS: I would be happy for any comment or like and of course, you can check out my other stories.