0. Prologue

February 2000

"In the beginning of the end, she will be born upon the darkest night onto those who seek the light. She will be born of undreamt power and will lead her allies to a grand victory. Many shall try to deceive her but all will fail. So it is written it will come to pass."

Dorcas Meadowes sat along side her friends and her former headmaster, holding her newborn with a stunned look on her face.

"What makes you so sure it's Cara? That prophecy is almost 100 years old?" Marlene McKinnon asked as she held her fiancée's free hand

"She was born December 21st was she not?" Albus Dumbledore asked

"But the beginning of the end? Those who seek the light? Forgive me professor but that could be anyone at any time." Sirius Black spoke nervously, voicing the shared opinion of his friends.

"Sirius is right sir, there must be something else that made you think it was Cara." Alice Longbottom spoke up from where she sat with her husband Frank

"There is another prophecy. One that I can not yet share, but I believe the two to be connected.-"

"Why can't you tell us? The safety of our baby is at stake here. I think we deserve to know what's happening." Dorcas demanded as she tightened her grip on Marlene's hand

"Do you trust me? If you do then you know that I have your best interest at heart Miss Meadowes. Everything will work with time." Albus said and a somber tone filled the room as everyone looked around at one another.

Peter Pettigrew
Marlene McKinnon
Dorcas Meadowes
James Potter
Lily Potter
Sirius Black
Mary Macdonald
Alice Longbottom
Frank Longbottom
Remus Lupin

⭐️🖤⭐️

August 2000

With the birth of Harry Potter and Neville Longbottom came new worries for the group of friends. Again they found themselves sitting with Albus Dumbledore as they listened to the second prophecy they'd learned about back in February.

"This is a prophecy made by the descendant of the seer who made the first one. I believe it to be true." Dumbledore explained and everyone hesitantly nodded

"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives... the one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be born as the seventh month dies..."

Again like the last time, there was a tense silence as Alice and Lily shared a worried look

"The question now is, which child will it be..." Dumbledore said looking from the Potters to the Longbottoms.

"There must be something we can do, we can hide them...can't we? And Dorcas an Cara as well?" Remus asked worried for his friends, for his family.

"Yes, it will have to be done. But not yet." Dumbledore answered stroking his beard as he looked around the room, his eyes traveling across the faces of the room's occupants.