111. We Might Lose a Few to Save a Thousand

Effy's POV

After Severus left I looked down at the vial he'd put in my hand. I hadn't even noticed it until now, it contained a gold like liquid an I sighed.

"I suppose I need all the luck I can get don't I?" I muttered to myself before breaking the seal and pouring the potion in my mouth before pulling my hood on and leaving the room.

I began to make my way through the gloomy corridors of a castle that no longer seemed familiar to me an I knew I had to be cautious. I couldn't be seen, not yet.

⭐️🖤⭐️

Third Person POV
The Great Hall

"Many of you are surely wondering why I have summoned you here at this hour.It has come to my attention that earlier this evening...Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade." Snape spoke as he stood before the students of Hogwarts. At the mention of Harry's name a low whisper broke through the room.

"I mention this in the hopes that truth will not be supplanted by rumor. For myself an a few select members of the staff this comes as little surprise. We have, for some time, considered Mr. Potter's return to Hogwarts to be not only possible but inevitable. Consequently, in the past several months an under my specific direction, exhaustive defensive strategies have been employed to defeat any attempt Mr. Potter might make to breach these walls. But know this. Should anyone...student or staff...attempt to aid Mr. Potter, that person will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transgression. Rest assured: So long as I am Headmaster at Hogwarts, Harry Potter will never again step foot in this castle." Snape continued as the murmurs stopped but a brief moment of applause came from the Slytherins. Snape silences them with a simple raise of his hand as his eyes glanced around the room at the sullen faces that stood before him with an unreadable expression on his face.

"Now then, if anyone has and knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening...I invite them to step forward." He words where met with a dead silence as students looked around at one another before the sound of footsteps where heard.

Students turn towards the sound and even McGonagal raises her chin in disbelief as a figure emerges from the shadows.

"I think I can help you out with that..." A voice called as the students moved away to make way for this person. Then Harry steps forward.

"It would seem that, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster." He spoke as one by one, members of the order appeared behind him.

Ron... Hermione... Remus... Sirius... Arthur... Molly... Fred... George... Percy... Luna... Dean... Bill... Fleur... and Kingsley Shacklebolt

"And I'm afraid it's rather extensive." Harry concluded and the Carrows who had been slowly approaching Harry, froze in stunned silence.

Snape's eyes find Harry's, but his face remains a mask. McGonagal who no longer looks as if she'd saw a ghost now stood ready to move forward if she had too. Even Flitwick stood with his hand inching towards his wand as everyone stood in silent anticipation.

Then as if it was a split second decision Snape drew his wand, but before Harry could draw his McGonagal stood in front of him with her wand raised.