9. I float now...

It was mid October and I was sitting in my dorm with Lee and the twins doing homework while they planned a prank or something.

"Woah! Look at this!" Fred gasped turning his computer screen around to show a news article about Captain America being found Alive.

"That's impossible, he's been missing since like 1945." Lee gasped grabbing the computer.

"Found frozen but alive...wicked." He read.

"Oh shoot, Effy you're late for Charms. Come on, I'll walk you." George said getting up as I grabbed my bag and my laptop.

"Thanks George." I mumbled.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation, the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers?" Professor Flitwick asked and I lifted my feather up like a few other people did.

"Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone."

"The swish and flick." Everyone repeated while doing the movement.

"Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Flitwick instructed and a staggered chorus of the class repeating the charm.

"Wingardium Levio-saaa" I said causing Blaise to laugh from where he sat next to me.

"Your saying it wrong." He muttered.

"Why don't you say it then?!" I joked an he rolled his eyes.

"Wingardium Leviosa." He said.

"Wingardium Leviosa." I repeated and he shook his head.

"No it's Wingardium." He said and I laughed.

"We're saying the same thing Blaise! I have an American accent. It's Wingardium Leviosa!" I complained throwing my arms up in the air as he hunched over laughing.

"It's not funny." I mumbled sticking my tongue out at him.

"Just do it." He joked and I picked up my wand but before I could say anything Flitwick drew everyone's attention to Hermione.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms. Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!" He called just then an explosion is heard causing everyone to look towards the sound only to find Seamus covered in charred ash.

"I think we're going to need another feather over here, Professor." Harry muttered.

⭐️🖤⭐️

For the next few days Captain America was pretty much all anyone talked about.

Today was the Halloween feast and there were bats flying around the castle all day, which was a bit annoying.

"Effy, you coming to dinner tonight love?" Angelina asked from my doorway and I looked up from my laptop.

"Yeah, I'll meet you there. I just wanna finish this potion's essay, it's due in the morning." I mumbled and she nodded.

"Just text me if you change your mind and I'll bring you your usual." She smiled.

"Thanks Angie." I replied and she nodded closing the door.

⭐️🖤⭐️

I wasn't sure how much time had passed before I heard a loud commotion in the common room.

"What's going on?" I asked walking down the stairs.

"There's a troll in the dungeon so everyone was sent to their common rooms." Neville explained and I nodded worriedly.