22. Ron's Birthday

It was nearing the end of January and I sat in my dorm with Lee, Dean, Blaise, and Angelina

"Lee, stop moving." I mumbled as he sat on the floor in between my legs so I could retwist his hair

"You're pulling my hair out, woman!" He yelled laughing

"No I'm not, I'm twisting it!" I argued in the same tone

"Well it's taking forever." He groaned holding the bear I got from Snape in his lap.

"I just started like 5 minutes ago." I defended, rolling my eyes.

"Did you guys hear about the new anti-werewolf legislation?" Dean asked from where he was sitting at my desk.

"The what?" I asked and he turned towards us with the Daily Prophet article on his laptop screen.

"New anti-werewolf legislation...makes it safer for wizard kind...designed by Dolores Umbridge...makes it nearly impossible for those on the Werewolf Registry to get and maintain stable working environments...while it is still unclear how this will effect unregistered werewolves, people are reminded to report any unregistered werewolves they come in contact with." Lee read out loud as he skimmed through the article.

"That's ridiculous!" Blaise exclaimed

"What's so bad about werewolves anyway? It's not like they're bad people just because something bad happened to them." I pointed out.

"But there aren't all good, the registry makes it safer for everyone." Angelina said.

"Yeah, everyone but the people on the registry. It just puts a target on their back, don't you think? I mean with the advancements in the Wolfsbane Potion over the last 11 years I don't see why werewolves can't just self medicate and go about their business like the rest of us." I shrugged as I ran my hands through Lee's hair checking to make sure all the sections were done so I could put scalp oil on his head.

"You seem very passionate about this." Blaise commented and I nodded.

"I just don't think one bad thing should determine a persons future, especially not a bad thing they couldn't control. And Lycanthropy is something you can't control, you're either born with it or you got bit." I shrugged with a sigh.

⭐️🖤⭐️

February 14th, 2013