125: How To Connect With The Yonger You From A Different Universe

A few Minutes Later

"So..." I mumbled awkwardly as I walked down the street alongside Cara.

"So..." She echoed as we occasionally looked down an alley, trying to find anything suspicious.

"How's life?" I asked causing her to shrug.

"It's fine I guess. Oh, I won the spelling bee last week. That was something." She offered. I can not believe I'm socially awkward in every universe...think of something.

"Congratulations. Do you have a best friend?" I asked looking around, waving at a few people who recognized me.

"Yeah, his name is Ron. Do you have a Ron?" She asked an I smiled this is something! Shared interests.

"I do, he's my fiancé. We've been together since we were about your age. Do you have a boyfriend or girlfriend?"

"It's kind of complicated. I well I like this girl but Miles likes her too an I think she likes Miles." She explained sadly an I hummed in response.

"Well have you talked to Miles about it? Not that either of you can claim this girl but maybe it would be good to know that you both like her." I explained trying to keep the conversation going without overstepping in any way.

"Not yet, I haven't really told him that I like girls to being with. He thinks I like this guy at our school name Dean, and sure Dean is cool an all but Gwen is...she's so cool. She's basically perfect in every way and she doesn't even see me." She groaned leaning against me as I put my arm around her.

"Well, not that I'm the expert on crushes in any way. It think, when you're ready of course. I think you should talk to her. An Miles too, because even if she doesn't like you and even if they really like each other. You have to be kind to yourself and care about your own feels, you can't let yourself be uncomfortable just so everyone around is comfortable. You know what I mean?" I asked and she thought for a moment before she nodded her head.

"Yeah, I get what you mean. But what if I don't really like her? What if I just like the idea of her? She's been my friend for ages and she's always been there for me. What if I make it weird? Or what if I wait to long and she actually did like me but she lost feelings?"

"You can't choose who you like or who you fall in love with. If Gwen cares for you just as much as you care about her it couldn't possibly ruin your friendship. I can't tell you what to do or say but I can tell you this, the best thing my friends ever did for me when I was in your situation was letting me do it on my own. That way I knew my feelings were real, that everything I feel for Ron isn't forced. We're just moving along a path that we were already on. You're 17, you have your whole life to figure out love. For now you can just be 17 and win spelling bees or maybe help an older alternate version of you save the multiverse from idiots. Then one day when you're ready, a nice girl possibly Gwen will treat you exactly how you deserve to be treated." I explained softly as she stopped walking to look up at me.

"I didn't think I'd be getting life advice from myself today but...thank you. I really needed to hear that."

"Of course, sometimes the best advice can only come from you." I joked throwing my arm back on her shoulder as we started to walk again.

"So...tell me about that lightning quick change thing. Because I might have to start using that." I muttered

⭐️🖤⭐️

Several Hours Later

Everyone went to absolute shit so fast that it made my head spin. First Cara and I ran into her Uncle Aaron who is the prowler or whatever. Either way he came with us pretty peacefully, However her version of Dr. Octavius did not. So I had to use my powers to wrap an electric rope around her, tying her arms to her sides.