45. Doubts and World Cup Arrival

Early August 2014

I was sitting at the kitchen table waiting for the cinnamon rolls I made to be done in the oven while I read through various articles about myself

Dangerous!

Monster!

She needs to be put in jail!

What was Dumbledore thinking?!

Why is she free?!

Who says she won't harm our kids?!

She's an assassin?!

She could be working with You-Know-Who!

She probably helped black escape!

"You shouldn't be reading that." A voice called pulling me out of focus an I spun around to see Charlie leaning against the doorway.

"Don't sneak up on me like that." I mumbled an he nodded with a apologetic look on his face. The he slowly walked over to me grabbing a cookie from the plate I'd made not to long ago.

"I mean it Effy, you shouldn't be reading that. It's just a bunch of people with nothing better to do than gossip. Before a few months ago if they'd met you they'd be saying the exact opposite." He said closing my laptop, sitting down next to me an I groaned throwing my head back.

"But what if they're right? I mean who's to say I wouldn't snap or something? What if deep down my subconscious has just been secretly waiting for the right moment to do something bad an I didn't even know about it?...I should go." I mumbled looking towards the door where my bags had been packed and he scoffed. Truthfully I never unpacked them as I'd been waiting for the moment Molly an Arthur decided they didn't want me here anymore.

"Go where? Persefoni listen to me, you can tell me anything alright? You don't have to do all this alone-"

"But I should. It's my mess Charlie, it wouldn't be fair to drag you or your family into it. The things I've done, the things I've witnessed...the things I allowed others to go through. I should have never agreed to come here." I muttered angrily as I rubbed my hands down my face. A part of me wanted to say I shouldn't have come in general. I can handle the team because they'd known about me the whole time, it was never a secret. But here? I don't even think all the professors knew? I mean really, I know Snape an Minnie knew...does Dumbledore? Maybe that's why he avoids me, because he's afraid of me.

"My brothers talk really highly of you, you know that? Especially Ron, they love you. Trust me, they never seem to run out of good things to say, even Percy. In the time that my family has known you, you have never hurt anyone-"

"But I could, that's the problem. I could, I'm dangerous, I don't know why I fooled myself into thinking I deserve all this." I sighed waving my arms around as if gesturing to the house and he shook his head.