126: The Battle For Second Chances

"You're mad at me." Percie said as the two of us sat on top of the Statue of Liberty waiting for the villains to appear.

"What? No I'm not, how could a be mad at you? I don't even know you." I denied but I didn't take my eyes away from the view around us.

"Two things about us that seem universal are our incredible ability to read people, and the inability to truly hide when we're angry. So...what is it?" She asked an I sighed.

"It's stupid." I mumbled.

"If it's how you feel then it isn't stupid sweetheart. What's going on?" She asked as I leaned against her shoulder.

"I'm jealous of your life. An I know I shouldn't be, but I am. I mean you got everything, Dumbledore didn't kill your Dorcas, Your Marlene wasn't killed. You got to have your parents. You didn't go through all the Red Room/ HYDRA bullshit. I should be happy for you but I'm not an it makes me feel bad." I explained sadly as tears spilled down my cheeks.

"So you're angry because you're not happy for me?" She asked for clarification an I nodded.

"I told you it's stupid!" I cried wiping my tears and she caught my hand before I could put it back on my lap.

"It looks like something good came out of this right?" She asked gesturing to the engagement ring on my finger.

"Ronnie? Yeah he's really great. All my frie-"

"Ronnie? As in Ronald Weasley? You married your bully?" She asked shocked and my eyes widened.

"My what? Ron didn't bully me, Pansy bullied me." I quickly corrected.

"Pansy was my best friend." She said.

"What? I'm so confused. Pansy, Astoria, Daphne, Tracey, Millicent they were the bullies. Not Ron. The Weasley are my family." I clarified and she smiled at me.

"Well then, that's one good thing you got that I didn't. After being sorted into Slytherin, Harry an I we tried to be friends with that group but, Gryffindors are so mean, with the exception of our parents of course. They walked around school like they were better than everyone. Just because they never lost the house cup and don't even get me started on Ginerva! That girl doesn't have a kind bone in her body, it's all about school and Quidditch with her. It was like she always had something to prove and she didn't care about anybody else. Well other than her boyfriend Dean."

"Oh god, I don't like your Hogwarts. Wait do you have a Hermione? And Draco? They're your friends right?" I asked hopefully and she shook her head.

"No, don't get me wrong Granger was a sweet girl but, she was basically a Ravenclaw statistic. All ways had her nose in a book and cried for every failed grade. She was so set on becoming Minister of Magic that she never stopped to make friends. However with Draco...that's a bit hard to explain. His father was an ex-Deatheater so people tended to steer clear of the whole family but around our third year. The whole family lost all of their money and apparently Lucius went crazy so Narcissa took off and Draco moved in with Uncle Reg but he sort of went mute. Hasn't spoken in years, regretfully I probably could have been there for him more but I didn't know how to be so I just never really tried. I'm not really sure what he's up to these days. Or any of them really. As soon as I graduated I left for New York and never looked back." She explained an I gasped at what I heard. It didn't makes sense, how could she have the life of wanted but be nothing like me.

"But, you still talk to your moms? You still talk to Sirius and Remus? What about Teddy? You have a Teddy right?" I asked frantically.

"My step brother? Teddy's birth kind of broke up Remus and Sirius marriage. Remus cheated with Tonks and then she suddenly showed up to Christmas dinner with a blue haired baby. So Sirius started drinking and then he moved to LA to find himself. I think he's a singer or something now. My mothers, I haven't talked to them in...maybe ten years? They didn't really support my dream to leave the Wizarding world. They wanted me to marry Harry and become a stay at home mother or something. So I left, I didn't even say goodbye I just...left. I moved to New York an I met Mary Jane. She helped me get a job and an apartment. Few months later she introduced me to her boyfriend Peter.-"