7. First Day

I woke up gasping as I felt like I'd fallen off of something and checked the time.

5:50am

"I guess I could get ready for my day." I mumbled getting out of bed and going to my wardrobe to pull out my uniform for the day.

⭐️🖤⭐️

I was standing in my bathroom washing my face when I noticed my eyes glowing and it looked like there was light glowing underneath my skin.

"This...is not good." I mumbled in horror as I looked down at my hands was they began to glow.

"Persefoni? It's Minerva, I have your timetable." She called knocking on the door of the dorm.

"Oh, um...just a minute!" I called looking back up at the mirror to see my skin was back to normal.

"I'm seeing things. That's all." I whispered looking at my reflection bed grabbing my tie off the counter and walking out of the bathroom.

"Persefoni are you alri-oh! Good morning dear." McGonagal smiled once I opened the door.

"Good morning professor." I greeted her as I turned to grab my bag from my bed so I could walk with her to the Great Hall.

" I greeted her as I turned to grab my bag from my bed so I could walk with her to the Great Hall

⭐️🖤⭐️

"Hey I know you!" A voice called as I sat in the Great Hall looking at the multiple breakfast options with a sigh because there weren't any pancakes.

"Hello?" The voice called again finally pulling my focus and I looked over to see the girl from the bakery.

"Oh hi, Hermione right?" I asked and she nodded with a smile.

"Hermione Granger and you are?" She asked holding her hand out towards me and I looked around as my eyes met McGonagal's as she smiled at me.

"Persefoni, nice to meet you." I mumbled shaking her hand before quickly letting it go and looking back at the table.

"Aren't you going to eat something?" Hermione asked sitting next to me and I sighed.

"I donno, I normally eat chocolate chip pancakes with bananas for breakfast. It's my routine but there isn't any." I mumbled worried that breaking my routine would ruin my day.

"Excuse me, would you?" I whispered before getting up and leaving the Hall before she could respond.

I rushed to the bathroom to wait for breakfast to be over with Myrtle.

"Persefoni? Are you alright?" She asked floating over to me and I shrugged.

"There's no pancakes. I gotta eat pancakes to start my day or else my routine is off. And if my routine is off then I'm in the dark and I hate the dark. Anything can happen in the dark."I sighed sitting down on the floor.

"Well I'm sure there's something you can eat. What do you like?"

"Pancakes, apple slices or mixed fruit, orange juice, milk. That's what I eat for breakfast everyday, that's what my mom makes me. That's what I have to eat for breakfast or my routine it off and I can't have that." I rambled before pulling the potion out of my bag and using the liquid dropper to put some in my mouth as I tried to calm down.

"Maybe I should get someone, you don't look to good..." Myrtle whispered as she hovered in front of me but I shook my head, putting my the potion away.

"I'm okay, I think I'm going to go to class early." I muttered with a forced smile on my face, pulling my backpack over my shoulder and she nodded skeptically.

"Well come back and visit any time." She called as I left the bathroom walking into someone in the process.

"I'm so sorry!" I gasped picking up the stuff the person dropped when I bumped into them and I heard a scoff from above me.

"You should be." A voice called and I looked up to see a girl about my age in a Slytherin uniform. She had short brown hair and bangs with a black headband on her head.

"Well don't just sit there! Give me my things back." She snapped pulling me out of my trance as she snatched the items from my hands.

"Sorry." I mumbled handing her, her stuff before getting up and leaving when I noticed a few people looking at us.

"Are you alright?" I looked up to see one of the twins from last night and I nodded.

"I have to get to class now." I rushed out trying to walk past him but he spoke again now walking along side me.

"Did my brother and I offend you or something?" He asked as the boy in question arrived at my other side with third boy and I shook my head.

"I um...no, you didn't." I mumbled looking at my feet as we walked.

"Boys, leave her alone, she's clearly overwhelmed. Are you alright darling? My name's Angelina Johnson." A girl smiled as she stood in front of us and I smiled at her.

"Hello, I'm Persefoni." I introduced, looking at her hand when she held it out for me to shake and she gave me an odd look when I hesitated.

"You don't have to shake my hand." She spoke softly and I let out a breath of relief.

"Did you eat breakfast yet?" She asked and I shook my head.

"There's no pancakes, can't eat breakfast if there's no pancakes. It's apart of my routine." I explained as a look of recognition flashed across her face.

"What ro-"

"Shh Freddie, Ang is doing her thing." The other boy who's name I didn't know yet, spoke. He had brown skin and his hair was in dreads but a few of them were red to match our house colors.

"Thanks Lee, well Persefoni...is there anything you do like to eat? Maybe we can start a new routine until we get pancakes?" She offered and I thought for a moment.

"Toast? I eat toast sometimes." I mumbled and she nodded holding her hand out to me waiting to see if I wanted to hold it but a shook my head and she nodded with a smile.

"Come on love, let's go get you some toast. You can't learn on an empty stomach." She explained reminding me of Nat so I nodded walking with the group as they began talking about random things like quidditch tryouts and Professors I should watch out for.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"Bye Persefoni, we'll see you later." Lee smiled as we stood outside of the Transfiguration classroom and I nodded.

"Thank you for talking to me." I smiled with a wave.

"Of course, think of us as your new personal tour guides." Fred joked.

"Totally, we'll see you after class." George said raising his hand as if he was going to put it on my shoulder but quickly stopping himself, which I appreciated.

"I'll see you later." I said before walking into the room to see that I was the first one there besides McGonagal who was sitting on her desk in her cat form.

"Good Morning Professor." I smiled looking around for a good seat before deciding on one in the back corner of the room.

I can see everything from this seat and the only thing behind me it the wall, which was great.