116. The Fight of Our Lives

"What the hell..." I muttered in confusion as I blinked a few times before someone stood over me holding their hand out.

"Come on doll." Bucky said with a smile an I reached up to grab his hand so he could pull me to my feet.

"What happened? Where is everyone?" I heard Sam ask an I looked over to see him helping Wanda to her feet before I heard a tiny yell an I looked down to see a tiny tree running at my ankle.

"Wasn't that thing bigger before?" Sam asked as I picked up the tree and put him on my shoulder as he held onto a strand of my hair.

"How would I kn-" I stopped mid sentence when I heard a whooshing sound behind us and we all turned to see a portal opening up.

"Do we walk through it?" I asked confused.

"You're the wizard, you tell me." Sam said an I turned to look at him.

"I'm not a wizard-"

"Sorcerer, sorry." He correct an I just shook me head.

"Just walk Wilson." I sighed but stopped when Wong stepped through the portal

"Not a lot of time to explain but we have to go fight Thanos again. As far as I know Captain Rogers, Thor, and Mr. Stark need our help. I'm going to open another portal an all you have to do is walk through it." He explained quickly before his portal closed and we all froze.

"Did he just say Steve is fighting the angry space guy...alone?" Bucky asked and Sam an I nodded.

"Ooo if we live through this..." He muttered tying his hair up out of his face as another portal opened.

"Hey, Cap, you read me?" Sam asked over the comms that we still had in our ears.

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?" When Steve didn't answer again he flew into the air preparing to fly through the portal.

"On your left." Sam spoke before flying off as I hand Bucky his gun from the ground.

"Let's do this thing, I guess." I mumbled and Bucky nodded placing a hand on my unoccupied shoulder.

"Just think, we do this and maybe after, we'll really be done fighting?" He suggested bringing a smile to my face.

"You really think so?"

"I do." He said gently squeezing my shoulder before he let go and we walked over to the portal.

"You better hold on tight little guy." I whispered to the baby tree on my shoulder.