16. Where are Ron & Harry

Mid August

We all stood in the living room preparing to Floo to Diagon Alley

"You first, Harry dear." Molly instructed holding a flower pot full of floo powder towards him and he looked around confused.

"But Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum." Ron reminded her

"Floo Powder?" Harry asked as his confusion grew

"Oh, well, you go first, Ron. You too Persefoni. So that Harry can see how it's done. Yes. In you go. That's it." Molly smiled and I grabbed Ron's hand getting into the fireplace with him as he grabbed a handful of powder.

"Diagon Alley!" Ron yelled annunciating each syllable before throwing the powder at our feet, and with a quick flash of green we arrived in the Leaky Cauldron. Then we waited for everyone else.

"Hey are you alright?" Ron asked look at me and I nodded with a small smile.

"Are you sure? It's just you haven't talked at all today, and I'd hate for you to be uncomfortable or something." He said squeezing my hand softly since I hadn't let go yet. But before I could give him anything kind of answer the twins came through the fire place.

I haven't had a nonverbal day in years, but today it was almost like I didn't have vocal cords at all and what makes it worse is I genuinely felt fine. No nightmare, no flashback, no panic attack, nothing I just couldn't talk.

"Where's Harry?" Fred asked and Ron an I looked at him confused.

"He hasn't come through yet, is he not back at the house?" Ron asked and the twins shook their heads as Molly and Ginny walked through, quickly followed by Percy and then Arthur.

"Where's Harry?" Arthur asked looking around as he did a head count.

"Hasn't come through yet. I suppose he's gone somewhere else." Fred explained.

"Persefoni! Hey!" I heard Hermione call and I turned towards the door with a smile.

"Oh it's so good to see you." She smiled and I waved opening my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

"We should look for Harry." Fred said from next to me as if he'd noticed my lack of voice and everyone seemed to agree walking towards the exit but Fred stopped me.

"You can't talk, can you?" He asked softly so no one else would hear and I nodded.

"I figured, Angelina told me you might have nonverbal days when your senses have been overwhelmed for long periods of time. She read up on anxiety throughout last year. Anyways, I'm guessing you don't want anyone to know just yet?" He asked and I shrugged pulling my phone out to type a response.