3. London

Summer of 2009

An agreement was made that I could come to London if I did the following:

1. Joined the Avengers Initiative
2. Agreed to stay in a S.H.I.E.L.D. safe house
3. Checked in with Nick every Tuesday and Thursday at 2:45pm
4. I went to school
5. Nat had to stay with me when she wasn't on a mission and Phil would check in whenever he was in the area

It took awhile for Nat to find me a good school to go to before she decided it was better for me to find an online program. I liked online school, it was fun and my teacher was kind and very understanding.

"Hey Sweetheart, I'm back! I got your favorite from the bakery." Nat called from the front door as I sat at the desk in my room with my laptop.

"The cookies?!" I gasped getting up and she nodded handing me the box.

"You only get the cookies on special occasions...what's the occasion?" I asked skeptically and she sighed.

"I have to go on a mission..."

"But we don't do that anymore, you promised that we didn't have to do that anymore. I don't want you to go! What if you don't come back? What if they hurt you? What if someone comes and takes me-"

"Persefoni, shhh honey listen to me. It's a good guy job this time. And I promise you I will come back. Nothing and no one will ever keep me from coming back to you. No one is taking anybody." She said pulling me into her arms.

"You promise?"

"Always the truth, I promise." She mumbled before placing a kiss on my forehead and wiping the tears from my eyes.

"When do you leave?" I asked after a moment of silence.

"Couple of hours. I'm meeting a team and where going to Iran, but I'll be back before you know it I promise." She smiled and I nodded fiddling with the box of cookies in my hands.

"Hey...if you really don't want me to go, say the word and I'll stay here." She said with her hands on my cheeks as she lifted my head so we were making eye contact.

"I want you to stay because we're safe when we're together but...the rest of the world doesn't have a Natasha so they might need you more. You have to go, I'll be okay until you get back. Besides Phil will be here tomorrow so I'll have company." I mumbled truthfully and she searched my eyes looking for any signs of a lie but didn't find one.

"Alright I'll go, but you stay safe, follow the rules.-"

"Don't go further than the bakery by yourself, keep the doors locked and don't open them for anyone that doesn't know the code. If someone tries to break in get in the closet and push the panic button to alert me then grab the gun hidden in your shoes. Call if I ever need anything." We both said in unison.

"I'll be okay Nat, I may be nine but I'm a spy too, with the same training as you. I just like it better when you're here." I shrugged and she nodded hugging me again before going to her room to pack a bag. I sat back down at my computer to finish my homework with a sigh.

⭐️🖤⭐️

A week later

"Natasha's hurt." I said answering the phone when Clint called me.

"How do you know that?" He asked in a shocked tone.

"Well for starters she didn't check in this afternoon like she was supposed and two you're calling to tell me, and three I'm a spy I know everything." I explained and I heard him chuckle.