58. The 'Talk'

January 5th, 2015

"I'm not saying it wouldn't be totally awesome to represent Hogwarts in the potions championship

"I'm not saying it wouldn't be totally awesome to represent Hogwarts in the potions championship. I'm just saying I don't like timed tasks an I don't want people to think I won because I was an avenger and not because I'm amazing at potions." I explained to Snape as I stirred the Amortentia potion he'd talking the sixth years about tomorrow. While he sat at his desk grading papers.

"I completely understand Persefoni. An I only asked you because you have the best grasp of potions I've probably ever seen. However I'm not going to pressure you so if you don't want to participate then you don't have too." He said simply an I smiled happily before looking back down at the cauldron in front of me. It wasn't the first time I brewed it so I was used to the overwhelming smell of Ron's cologne, burnt cinnamon, old books, chocolate, and freshly cut grass. It smelled like summer mornings at the burrow and that was probably my favorite part about brewing this potion.

"You remind me a lot of myself, I must admit that to you." He said after a few moments of silence.

"And? I feel like there's more to that thought." I mumbled not looking up.

"And that's why I care so much. I don't want you to make the mistakes I did or allow people to take you down the wrong path." He sighed an I finally looked up to see he was already looking at me.

"I don't think anyone could lead me down a worse path than the one I started on before I came here. But I appreciate the sentiment." I mumbled and he sighed.

"That wasn't your fault-"

"I know I know, but it doesn't make it any less of a fact. I'm not blaming myself I was just saying it was a bad path an I'm on a better one now." I shrugged turning down the flame on the burner and covering the cauldron with the lid.

"I suppose you're right." He nodded and I smiled.

"Aren't I always?" I joked cleaning up the table around where I was working.

"More often then I'd like to admit." He muttered.

⭐️🖤⭐️

A few hours later

"So he's your boyfriend now?! Tell me everything! Oh my gosh what's it like?!" Myrtle asked excitedly as she floated around the room an I nodded.

"Yes. Honestly nothing has changed so I kind of get what everyone's been talking about. Although it's early so I guess there's still time for change but I don't think we will." I explained and she squealed happily.

"If I could hug you without completely going through you, I would! I'm so happy for you Effy!" She exclaimed an I smiled spinning around in circles so I could look at her. Then after a moment she stopped laughing and was floating directly in front of me.

"I'm glad I got to meet you Effy. You're probably the nicest person I've ever met. Nope don't even argue with me, I mean it Romanoff. No else has ever gone out of there way to keep me company the way you do, you're my best friend." She confessed an I smiled.