35 Christmas

December 25th, 2013

"Effy?" Ron whispered from next to me and I opened one of my eyes to look at him

"Hmm?"

"You wanna go get cookies and hot chocolate before everyone else wakes up?" He asked and I nodded sitting up and stretching. Then I grabbed his hoodie from the floor and pulled it over my head an I grabbed a random pair of shoes, sliding them on my feet.

"Ready?" He asked an I nodded grabbing his hand.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"Where are we going now?" I asked confused as I held a mug of hot chocolate and the cookies in my hands.

"Following me." He smiled an I nodded following him to the entrance hall an out of the castle.

"Ronnie it's to early." I complained as it was like 7am and there was no need for us to be awake right now.

"Trust me firefly, you'll love this." He laughed continued to walk with a backpack that I didn't even noticed he had, resting on his shoulder.

We walked all the way to the lake and he dropped the bag pulling a quilt and laying it on the ground before pulling a few other blankets, pillows and a smaller basket.

"I know sunrise is your favorite time of day so, I thought we could watch the sunrise by the lake." He smiled looking up at me and I gasped.

"Really?" I asked and he nodded.

"Really." He laughed softly before sitting down and holding his hand out to help me sit next to him. An as soon as I sat down I realized all the blankets had heating charms on them.

"What's the basket for?" I asked pointing to it and he opened it pulling out a bowl of strawberry and various types of chocolate.

"I um...I didn't know what to get you for Christmas because I kinda spent your present money on your birthday gift so I hoped this would be alright." He explained gesturing the blankets and the basket.

"That gift was from you?" I asked happily and he nodded.

"I didn't know if you'd like it or not so I asked Dobby to take it to the common room." He shrugged.

"Well I loved it, and this. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." I smiled looking over at him. The sun was starting to rise and it made his eyes look sort of like blue ice crystals and his hair looked almost like flames.

"Have I got something on my face?" He asked pulling me out of my thoughts.

"No it's just, I don't think I ever noticed you're freckles until now." I mumbled looking at the freckles that were sprinkled across his nose and cheeks before looking out at the water.

"Now you're staring at me." I laughed turned my head to look at him.

"The sun makes your eyes look like honey."He muttered, staring directly into my eyes. Then we just sat there looking at each other in a seemingly comfortable silence. I smiled at him and he immediately returned it, then I felt myself leaning in as he did the same. Just as our lips were about to touch my phone started ringing and we both flinched at the sudden noise.