94. New Professor

September 5th, 2016

"Will you relax, everything is going to be fine

"Will you relax, everything is going to be fine." Draco said as we made our way to potions.

"I am relaxed I'm just saying, what if he's like a horrible teacher or something and then I hate my favorite class? What if he messes up my shelves?" I groaned thinking about the years I spent organizing potion ingredients, just for some random man to come in and move stuff around.

"He can't be that bad. He taught Snape, and he taught our parents." Draco pointed out an I stopped walking.

"He did?" I asked and he nodded so I sighed in relief.

"That's great, that's awesome." I smiled following him into the classroom, only a few people where here so far so Draco an I quickly went to pick a table. Since our boyfriends weren't taking potions this year, we're sitting next to each other.

"Ahh, Miss Romanoff! I was hoping you'd be taking my class!" Professor Slughorn exclaimed as he walked over to us.

"Hello sir." I smiled and he held his hand out to shake mine but Draco stopped him.

"She doesn't due physical contact with strangers." He commented and Slughorn smiled dropped him hand to his side.

"Very well, class will begin in a few minutes." The man smiled before walking away an I turned to Draco confused.

"I don't mind the contact anymore, what was that about?" I asked and he shrugged settings up his laptop and his books.

"I just don't trust Dumbledore's judgment, every teacher that has come in during our time here has tried to kill you, Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Who says he's different?" He asked in a hushed tone.

"Fair point, but he doesn't give off any vibes that's he'd try to hurt us. Everyone else did-not Remus though. Remus just has rotten luck. Well actually Umbrige didn't give off untrustworthy vibes, she was just a bitch." I shrugged and he nodded in agreement when Hermione came into the the room followed by Blaise who both sat at the table behind us.

"So Effy, what's your reading on him?" Blaise asked an I shrugged turned to face the two of them as they leaned forward to hear what I had to say.

"I got nothin so far. But Draco doesn't trust him yet." I mumbled looking over my shoulder to glance at the man who was setting up the potions we'd be working on today.

"Did he invite you guys to the dinner he's having in a few weeks?" Hermione asked and we shook our heads.

"Dinner? Why's he inviting students to dinner?" Draco asked confused.

"Slug club. Apparently it's some huge honor but I think he only invites people with powerful connections. It's a load of crap if you ask me." Dean whispered as he and Lavender sat behind Blaise and Hermione.

"Good Morning class and welcome to your N.E.W.T. Level potions class. I hope we will all learn to work well together. I also hope you like were you're sitting as it will be your station for the reminder of the year." Slughorn announced an I looked around, this class was a bit smaller that it had been last year as not everyone was able to advance after the O.W.L.s last year.