5. Great Power

"My mother? Where is she? Is she okay? Does she know I've been looking for her?" I asked excitedly, jumping at the opportunity to meet her but judging by the sad look on Minerva's face I wasn't gonna meet my mom today or probably ever.

"You must first understand that it in completely possible that you might not even be who I think you are. But if you are, and that's a big if." She started and I nodded waiting for her to continue as she pulled out a stick from her pocket which brought my attention to the strange robes she's wearing.

"Wave this around for a moment would you?" She asked handing me the stick and I nodded confused but did what she asked nonetheless.

In the mist of me waving it around sparks flew from the end of it breaking the glass I left in the table.

"Oh no, that was my favorite one." I mumbled sadly when the glass was suddenly whole again and I turned to Minerva with wide eyes.

"Did you see that too?" I asked confused and she nodded with an odd look on her face.

"Perhaps we should speak with a guardian present..."

⭐️🖤⭐️

"What's going on? Why'd you need a meet-Persefoni...who is that woman?" Nat asked from the computer screen as Minerva and I sat on the couch.

"Good Afternoon, my name is Minerva McGonagal and I believe your daughter is a witch." She explained earning complete silence in response from both Fury and Nat.

"Ok, so that's not what I thought she was going to say but Mama she knew my mother. She could help me, and she's a teacher at a magic school so she could teach me too." I explained but Nat looked skeptical and Nick just shook his head.

"How do we know she isn't some lunatic? I thought you knew better than to bring strangers to the apartment." Nick sighed and I nodded.

"I do know better but in my defense she was a cat when I brought her here. Then she turned into a woman and she handed me this stick thing and told me to wave it around and I broke the glass but then it put itself together and she knew my mom. Guys this is the closest I've ever been to finding my family. It's why I came to London in the first place." I explained and Nat sighed.

"I want proof, Persefoni do the thing please." She said softly and I sighed looking at Minerva before looking back at the computer screen.

"I gotta make you tell the truth now, um do you consent?" I asked awkwardly and she nodded so I pressed my fingers to her temple.

"Tell the truth." I commanded and her eyes flashed gold for a moment as I looked away from her, keeping my fingers on her temple while Nat and Fury questioned her.

"Who are you?" Nick asked.

"Professor Minerva McGonagal."

"What are you're intentions with Effy?" Nat asked.

"I am merely a professor who believes that she is a witch. If she comes to Hogwarts we can teach her everything she wishes to know." She responded.

"Where is this school, why haven't I heard of a magic school before?" Nick asked skeptically.

"It's hidden from non-magical individuals for our protection and theirs. With that in mind I can not give you the castles location. But I can assure you that she will be safe in protected within its walls." Minerva explained and after a moment Nat nodded letting me know I could drop my hand.

"I'm sorry about that." I mumbled.

"It is understandable, the suspicion. I probably seemed like a crazed woman. Now I have business to attend in Surrey but information will be sent to you by the end of the week." Minerva explained before turning into a cat and leaving through the opened window.