6. Hogwarts

September 1st, 2011

I woke up in my dorm and quickly got dressed to meet Professor McGonagal in the Great Hall for breakfast

I woke up in my dorm and quickly got dressed to meet Professor McGonagal in the Great Hall for breakfast. The rest of the staff should be here by lunch so I'll get to meet them as well.

So far I've only met Professors Sprout, Vector, Kettleburn, Binns, Trelawney, and Snape. Who taught Herbology, Arithmancy, Care of Magical Creatures, History of Magic, Divination, and Potions respectively.

However I hadn't met Professor Dumbledore yet because he's been away on business all summer and would not be returning until just before my classmates arrived.

"Good Morning Professor." I mumbled as I walked passed Snape and he nodded in my direction before looking back down at the papers in his hands.

"Good morning Sir Nicholas." I waved upon entering the Great Hall to see him floating over the Gryffindor table talking to Peeves.

"Oooo it's little first year Effy!" Peeves gasped dramatically as he flew around me and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop that." I snapped when he started pulling at my braids.

"Peeves." McGonagal called out in a warning tone from where she sat waiting for me with our breakfast. He looked at her for a moment then let out a dramatic huff, flying away so I made my way over to sit down.

"I see you've brought your journal that Natasha left for you. Are you writing in it like she asked?" McGonagal questioned and I nodded.

"I write my bad dreams. Pretty boring stuff." I mumbled messing with my cuff bracelet that I forgot to take off.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." She smiled and I let out a sigh of relief.

"After breakfast Madam Pomfrey asked if you would like to help her organize her medicines in the hospital wing."

"Of course." I nodded drinking my orange juice.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"No that's not how you do it." I said shaking my head. I'd been in the Potions classroom for over an hour trying to help Snape with his computer issues. Apparently the whole castle got an upgrade over the summer so everyone was still learning.

"This is pointless. What can I do with this that I can't do with a text book." He scoffed and I rolled my eyes.

"Literally everything. Almost all of the textbooks have an online version now so you can access them fast and you can make notes instead of writing it down somewhere and potentially loosing it. Instead everything is here." I explained and he just stared at me.

"Ok...here's an example. Say you don't like how a potion is written in the book you can go here to your notes tab..." I paused clicking on the notes that I set up earlier and scrolled until I found a potion that I knew about from reading.