109. You Can't Save Everyone

Early February
Third Person POV-At The Manor
(Effy/ Death Eaters/ Voldemort)

Persefoni laid in a blanket in the middle of her cell as her body shivered while Peter Pettigrew secretly worked to heal her. He didn't have a wand so he had to do it the muggle way but luckily he knew how from helping Remus back at school.

The girls eyes where glazed over as she looked up at the ceiling. Either she was ignoring his presence or she genuinely didn't know he was there before of the constant pain she felt. But either way he worked as fast an as gently as he could. He'd been left in the manor by himself for the day so he spent it caring for all of the prisoners who where locked in the cellar. Of course no one was in worse shape than Persefoni and she had been the only one to have her own cell. But she was also the one he wanted to help the most.

"I don't know if you can hear me or not. But I want you to know how sorry I am, I'm sorry that I wasn't able to help you before an I'm sorry that I didn't come for you when Dumbledore stopped controlling my mind. I'm a coward, I was the weakest of my friends an I was afraid. I still am afraid, I never wanted anyone to die, truthfully you're a better friend then I ever could have been. I don't think I would have lasted a day going through what you have gone through. When Sirius had come for me, when he asked me why I did what I did. I was to ashamed, to proud to tell him so I continued with the lie. And when everyone I cared about believed I was a traitor, I knew I had nothing left. I ran, I became what Dumbledore wanted me to be an I pretended I didn't know that you and all your friends were suffering. I'll never be able to apologize enough for all that I've done. But I hope in the end, you survive, and then you and Harry win the war. I hope that no one will ever suffer the way you have. An I hope that if you are in there...I hope you don't feel pain anymore. If you do go, if you don't survive...I hope you know I'm sorry Cara. I hope that you you finally find the peace you have always deserved. I'm so so unbelievably sorry." He whispered as he finished with her bandages and then put a new sweater over her old one then he placed a blanket over her legs. Her vacant expression didn't change, and she showed no signs of hearing what he had said but he hoped she had.

After leaving her cell he made his way to where Luna and Olivander where being kept and brought them food and water.

Once all the prisoners where tended to he retreated back to his room to cry for his friends as he did everyday. He'd cry for the Potters, he cry for the Longbottoms, for the McKinnons, for Dorcas, for Mary wherever she was, he cried for Remus and Sirius, he cried for their children, and most of all he cried for not being strong enough to fight the Imperius Curse. He wished he could go back, that he could change what happened, that he could have realized Dumbledore's true nature sooner.

But his cries where in vain, no one can bring back the dead.

⭐️🖤⭐️

A few days later
Third Person POV-At The Manor
(Effy/ Death Eaters/ Voldemort)

Severus Snape had finally been called back to the Manor to heal Persefoni who now wasn't healing herself at all. But this time he had a plan.

As soon as he arrived he was taken straight to her cell and left to heal her. After administering several potions and healing charms he decided it was time. So he reached into his pocket and grabbed a vial of Draught of Living Death.

"It's time to get you out of here." He whispered gently brushing his hand over her extremely matted hair as she looked up at him. Her eyes showed determination, like she'd been fighting to heal herself but she couldn't. He unscrewed the dropper and carefully opening her mouth before putting two drops of the potion on her tongue. He then sat and waited a few minutes for in to take effect as he packed his things before stand up to go inform Narcissa of her 'death'.