4. Talking Cat

Mid 2011
Persefoni's POV

"Persefoni come on!" A frantic voice called waking me up. I opened my eyes to see...Vera?. I looked around the room to see I was back in the red room and everyone was panicking as the room filled with water.

"Come on!" Vera yelled before see ran off. I tried to get up to follow her but my wrist was cuffed to the bed frame.

"Vera! Vera help! Please! Help me!" I screamed as the water was rapidly rising and now just below my chest.

"Help you? After what you did to me? Don't be ridiculous." She scoffed and I looked back up at her to see her skin was an unhealthy grey and her eyes were sunken into her skull.

"I didn't want to, you know that." I cried as the water was now up to my chin. I looked around frantically as several bodies began to float up from the water when I saw a flash of red hair.

"Mama! Mama, Natasha please help me!" I screamed trying to reach for her but she was to far and she looked angry.

"You deserve this you know?" Phil's voice called the water now up to my nose causing me to tilt my head back.

"Mama please." I cried just before the water covered my head entirely. I looked around to see bodies everywhere...they were my targets, my victims. I started struggling to get to the surface of the water as the bodies started to swim towards me.

I tried to scream but it only caused water to fill my lungs as I attempted to get away from the decomposing bodies coming towards me.

"Persefoni! It's not real, kid you gotta wake up. Come on wake up!" A voice called as my eyes snapped open and I sat up.

"Ahhh, no! No! No! Get off!" I screamed pulling the hands away from my arms squeezing my eyes shut so I didn't have to see the dead bodies anymore.

"Persefoni, it's mama... it was just a dream." Nat whispered in a soothing song-like voice.

"Mama?" I asked in between gasps of air. Still to scared to open my eyes, I reached out for her hand.

"You have to breathe, follow me." She instructed as I felt myself being pulled into her arm and she begin taking exaggerated breaths

After a few minutes I could breathe but my throat felt like it was on fire and my head hurt like crazy.

"Here." I heard Clint whisper and a cup was placed in my hands as I slowly open my eyes to see we were in my room in the New York apartment. I looked around to see it was just Clint and Nat, then I gasped.

"You have blood on you." I mumbled as tears began to fill my eyes when I look at Nat's shirt.

"Shh, shh. It's not mine milyy(милый). It's yours, look." (Russian:darling) She instructed softly, tilting my head down so I was looking at my arms. I'd scratched myself in my dream, the hands that were grabbing at me had been my own and now I was bleeding.

"It's mine." I whispered and she nodded as Phil walked into the room with a first aid kit

"Can I patch that up for you?" He asked softly, allowing me to have a choice and I nodded holding my arms out to him.

⭐️🖤⭐️

After I was all bandaged up and in a fresh pair of pajamas, I sat at the kitchen counter eating chocolate chip pancakes with banana slices on top.

"This will help your throat...Do you wanna talk about it?" Nat asked setting a mug of tea next to me and I shrugged.

"You don't have to, but it helps to talk. It doesn't even have to be me, I can have Fury set you up with a therapist if you want. But you went through something traumatic and it was horrible. It's okay to need someone." She explained holding her hand out, allowing me to decide if I wanted to hold it or not so I did.