115. Five Years or Five Minutes

Effy's POV

"You're...Dorcas Meadowes? What happened to us?" I asked looking around as people and animals kept appearing.

"Welcome to the soul world, let me show you around." She said with a smile as she held her hand out for me to grab.

"Dorcas...Mom... I sorry I don't really know what to call you I just, um...am I dead? We're dead?" I asked allowing her to lead me somewhere.

"Hmm, not quite. But I don't really understand it myself...here we are." She muttered as we stood in front of a gold door and she opened it to reveal a floral scenery.

"Follow the path, she's waiting for you ther-"

"She? You aren't going with me?" I asked confused as she shook her head before tucking a strand of hair behind my ear and cupping my face in her hands.

"This is as far as I'm allowed for now but I um...I want you to know that I'm proud of the woman you grew up to be an I'm so sorry that I couldn't protect you from Dumbledore. I should have known better, I wish I knew better. Merlin I had 17 years to come up with what I wanted to say to you an I just...I'm blanking-"

"It's alright. I have never blamed you an um I'm sure if I wasn't in shock right now I'd also have something more to say." I muttered with a weak laugh and she nodded before we hugged each other then I sighed turning towards the doorway.

"Here I go." I whispered to myself before starting my journey down some unknown path. Everything had a sort of sparkling film over it and the scent of nature was almost overwhelming. The closer I got to the end of the path the more I heard what sounded like a celebration of some kind. As I turned the corner to see what looked like some kind of royal garden celebration an at the head of the table was a woman dressed in a gold dress with her hair goddess braid crown. To her left was Loki who raised his glass in my direction an I awkwardly waved as multiple heads turned to look at me. Most where dressed in the most elegant fabrics and colors while I was just wearing my suit.

"Ahh, Persefoni! So good to see you dear!" The woman exclaimed with a kind smile as she approached me with her arms out as if inviting me to hug her.

"Um, hello. I'm sorry I'm just a bit confused." I whispered to her as she hugged me.

"Perhaps I could explain." A voice called behind me an I turned to see Dr. Strange.

⭐️🖤⭐️

May 2019
Third Person POV
(Survivors of the Snap)

When the snap happened lives all over the planet where changed forever and not a lot of people knew why. They didn't know what to think, what to trust, or who to blame. It was just one moment their loved ones where there and the next they were ash floating through the air.

Ron took Effy's disappearance hard. Most days he was in complete denial and he'd spend hours of his day wondering around London. He'd visit with the DuPont's, an if he ever saw something in a shop that reminded him of Effy he'd buy it. He also rarely slept as he was worried that if Effy came back, she'd be afraid and he wanted to be there for her.