92.I Just Killed A Man, Don't Tell Mama

July 5th, 2016

"Oh hi May, is Peter here?" I asked as I stood outside the Parker apartment with lunch for Peter

"Oh hi May, is Peter here?" I asked as I stood outside the Parker apartment with lunch for Peter. She had the door cracked open and she had an unreadable expression on her face.

"I don't know that he's up to excepting visitors right now, he-" She started to explain but the door was opened wider as Peter pulled me into for a hug.

"Oh! We are hugging." I said shocked by the sudden action an I glanced at May who looked just as shocked.

"I um...come in, come in." Peter said an I nodded as he grabbed my hand leading me to the living room area as I handed him the bag of food.

"I saw the news an I wanted to come check in. I got you favorite foods, I figured you could use it." I explained as he looked at me confused, probably wondering how I could know what his favorite foods are.

"I have my ways." I said answering his unasked question when I heard my name on the TV. They had been running the story for the past two days, but I have yet to actually talk to Peter about it.

"The unknown caller identified herself as what the NYPD believes to be none other than Avengers superhero Lightning! I mean what is your take on this? Do we really think an Avenger is capable of this?" A female news anchor asked.

"There's no evidence. At all, according to the police they can't find a single trace of anyone being in that apartment other than the deceased. Even with Miss Romanoff's history of violence who's to say she's even in New York, or even in the country. She's got no connection to this guy or any of his victims. If you ask me, it was a frame job and someone took advantage of her reputation to get away with murder. This is definitely way below her pay grade." A male new anchor said an I looked over at Peter. In truth, I knew Skip was going to die. There was never a doubt in my mind about that, but in my angered state I'd forgotten that Peter would know I did it. There's no way he couldn't know it was me. So know the unspoken question was... is he afraid?

"Let's turn that off, I don't want to focusing anymore of your energy on that man. Dead or alive." May announced as she grabbed the remote and turned the TV off.

"Right." Peter whispered glancing at me for a moment before he hugged me.

"Thank you." He whispered in my ear.

"I'll um...I'll leave you two. I've got a shift down at the shelter but I'll be back in a few hours." May said as we both turned to look at her.

"Okay, bye." I mumbled with a small wave as Peter just nodded, sitting in the couch.

"Do you wanna stay and watch Star Wars with me?" Peter asked as he awkwardly held my hand, spinning my rings around my fingers.

"Sure Pete." I nodded looking at May for confirmation and she nodded so Peter quickly pulled me to sit next to him and grabbed the blanket throwing it over our legs as I grabbed the bag of food.