84. Caught and Career Interviews

Mid April 2016

"Ok, one of the most important things when it comes to shooting a gun is your stance

"Ok, one of the most important things when it comes to shooting a gun is your stance. Guns have a lot more kick than they do on TV. You don't have your feet planted and you'll fall on your ass." I explained as I stood in the room of requirements with Hermione, Ron, The Twins, Harry, Lee, and Draco.

"Okay..." Hermione mumbled nervously as she looked at the target across the room.

"So there's typically three different stances. The first one is called the isosceles stance which is when you positioning your feet evenly about shoulder width apart but sometimes it's not as effective because if you have a bigger gun then it would definitely knock you back." I explained while demonstrating the stance and she nodded coping what I was doing.

"Right, now this next one is typically the one I use when I'm not in actual combat and it's called the weaver stance. The weaver stance uses staggered footing, with the foot on your dominant side set back and your lead foot pointed at the target. So I'm left handed so I'd put my left foot back as a base and sometimes for extra support to can point your back foot to the side as long as your front foot is pointing at the target." I explained watching as she mirrored what I was doing since she was right handed.

"Exactly and this last one, it's basically a combination of the two and I use this when I'm fighting with the Avengers. Conveniently it is called the fighting stance. So for this one, it's feet shout width apart and then you'd take the foot of your dominant side and take a step back only slightly behind your leading foot. And with each stance you hold the gun straight in front of you, your dominant hand should be seated high up on the handle with you index finger stretched along the top of the pistol. Never ever under any circumstances whatsoever will you put your fingers near the trigger if you aren't shooting the gun. It doesn't matter if the gun is on safety or not, don't touch the trigger." I paused waiting for her to nod showing me she understood.

"Never ever put my finger near the trigger if I'm not shooting. I got it." She repeated with a nod an I smiled before turning my focus back to the unloaded gun in my hand.

"Great. Now you take your non-dominant hand and you place it slightly lower on the handle, but never on the bottom because it will prevent you from ejecting the old magazine when you're trying to reload the gun super fast. As I've mentioned before guns have a kick, which basically means when you shoot it, it's going to recoil with quite a bit of force and you'll need to be able to be in a position where you can absorb that force without one knocking yourself over and two slapping yourself in the face with a gun. The best way to do that is to just always use two hands and squeeze the gun in your hands to make sure if your reflexes take over, you aren't going to drop the gun." I explained before making sure the guns safety was on and gently handing it to her.

"Which stance do I use?" She asked hesitantly waiting to grab the gun from my hand.

"Whichever you think you'd be most comfortable with." I replied as she nodded before getting in the weaver stance. Then she grabbed the gun and held in in her right hand the way I explained before placing her left hand where it needed to be for support.