59. First Date

February 13th, 2015

I was currently sitting in my dorm with Ginny, Luna, Hermione, Lavender, and the Patil twins as we were having a sleepover for Luna's birthday

"Are you guys going to the party tomorrow?" Lavender asked an I looked up from where I was doing Padma's nails.

"What party?"

"Apparently Trelawney organized a Valentine's Day party for tomorrow and third years and up are invited." She explained.

"I don't currently have plans for tomorrow so I'll probably go if you guys plan on being there." I shrugged before focusing back on Padma's nails so I didn't mess them up.

"I have a date with Fred so I suppose it depends on what he's planned." Hermione muttered from where she was braiding Ginny's hair.

"Luna an I have a date tomorrow as well but if you wanna go Lu, we can reschedule or something." Ginny commented but Luna shook her head.

"I quite like what we had planned." She smiled.

"What about you three? Any plans tomorrow?" I asked the remaining girls in the room and they all shook their heads.

⭐️🖤⭐️

February 14th, 2015

"Psst. Effy, wake up love." A voice whispered and my eyes snapped open to glare at the person standing above me, with my hand under my pillow where I had a knife hidden and Ron immediately jumped back.

"Merlin!" He gasped as I sat up.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled looking at him before looking around the room to see Ginny sleeping next to me, Luna on the other side of her, Lavender and Pavarti sleeping on opposite ends of the couch and Padma was sitting on the beanbag chair in the corner scrolling through her phone.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked confused as I looked back at Ron who was kneeling down next to my bedside.

"I wanted to see if you wanted to watch the sunrise with me, but judging by the way you woke up I'm guessing you had a bad night so... here you go love." He smiled softly as he handed me a mug of hot chocolate that was previously sitting on the nightstand.

"I wouldn't say it was a bad night, but thank you." I mumbled getting up and grabbing my phone as I followed him out of the room so we didn't wake the others.

"Effy?" Ron asked softly once we made it to the common room an I looked up at him.

"You'd tell me if you weren't okay...right?" He asked an I thought about it for a moment. I didn't have a nightmare last night but I felt tense, like if I went back to sleep I'd have one if that made sense. My head felt like I was on the brink of a break down but I couldn't put that on Ron. He didn't deserve it.