38. New Friend...Maybe?

February 13th, 2014

It had been two days since the break in and Sirius had been ignoring all of my calls

It had been two days since the break in and Sirius had been ignoring all of my calls. I tried to ignore the feeling in my chest that was telling me to panic but I truly didn't know what to do an I didn't have anyone I could turn to for advice.

I was on my way to the art room where Luna and Dean usually hung out during their free period so I could give Luna her cupcake.

"Hey Lu!" I smiled and she looked up from her painting. She had various paint smudges in her face an a paint brush holding her hair in a bun.

"Hello Effy, how are you today?" She asked an I smiled holding out the cupcake and the bag with her gift in it.

"I'm well, I came to say happy birthday." I said as she accepted the gifts.

"Thank you!" She smiled happily as Dean looked up from his drawing.

"Hey, Perse." He greeted an I waved in response.

"Hey Dee. We still on for hogsmead this weekend?" I asked him and he nodded happily.

"Cool, I'll see you to later. I don't want to interrupt the creative flow." I smiled before leaving the room.

⭐️🖤⭐️

"Did you hear Neville got a howler from his gran?" I asked as I walked with Ron behind Harry and Hermione to visit Hagrid. There was a bit of tension between the four of us as Ron and Hermione where constantly arguing and Harry's temper seemed to get worse by the minute.

"He did? Poor Nev." Hermione sighed.

"I find it astonishing that someone who prides herself on being so logical can be in such denial." Ron scoffed and I groaned.

"Persefoni will you-"

"Don't bring me into this please. I can't handle the stress." I muttered cutting Hermione off.

"Fine. Harry. Will you explain to your friend, Ronald that he has absolutely no proof whatsoever that my sweet, unassuming cat ate his shabby, decidedly decrepit rat?" Hermione asked an I rolled my eyes, this feud was never ending and that rat was barely even a rat. Not that they knew that.

"Harry was there! He'll tell you how it was. Go on, Harry, tell her." Ron argued an I could tell by the way Harry stopped walking and squared his shoulders, he was about to snap again so I took a step back.

"No, I won't. Know why? Because I don't care about your stupid rat! I don't care about your stupid cat! I've got few other things on my mind right now! Things that are actually important might I add!" Harry yelled angrily as his eyes darted between the two of them with a harsh glare.

"Really? Wasn't you had to roll under the bed the other night to avoid getting cut to ribbons! A person could die being your friend, Harry!" Ron yelled and his eyes widened as soon as the words left his mouth. There was a pause as we all avoided eye contact with each other before we just continued to walk in silence.