121. Doctor Man's Magic Box

Early April 2024
London, England

Early April 2024London, England

"Sweetheart relax. People will come, everyone is going to love this place." Ron smiled as we stood in the middle of the newly renovated bakery.

"I just, I want to make the DuPont's proud and I want people to love my baking. It's just a lot you know?" I mumbled leaning into his chest when he wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Lee yelled running into the bakery followed by the twins and Angelina.

"Hey! What are you guys doing here?!" I asked with a smile, moving around the counter to hug them.

"Lee is adamant that he be your first customer and we wanted to be the second, third, and fourth." Angelina explained with a smile.

"Aww Lee! You guys don't have to pay, I literally make the same stuff at home for fre-"

"But we aren't at home. This is your shop an I want to be the first customer. So... one of whatever you recommend." He smiled leaning towards the display case to look at all the pastry.

"Um... how about a cinnamon roll? I have the Apple ones that you like?" I offered and he nodded.

"Perfect!" He smiled handing me a £20 note instead of the 5 he had in his hand.

"Lee, they're only 3.50 each." I mumbled pointing to the sigh on the display case and he shrugged.

"Keep the change. I'm stubborn Persefoni, don't argue with me I can stand here all day." He stand taking the cinnamon roll I handed him in a to go box.

"Me next! Me next! Can I have two peanut butter cookies an a chocolate cupcake please?" Fred asked an I nodded grabbing another box

"Oo I'll have the same." George smiled.

"I'll be right with you!" I called over to the people that began to wander into the shop.

"What can I get for you Ange?" I asked her.

"Just a lavender tea and a red velvet cake pop please." She responded and Ron went over to make her tea while I grabbed the twins' money in exchange for their dessert boxes.