77 - Special bonus chapter

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
GUN VIOLENCE
SMOKING

My feet were propped up on Alessia's desk, her office now being organised and tidy, but not for long

My feet were propped up on Alessia's desk, her office now being organised and tidy, but not for long. I had spent the early morning sorting through some paperwork and giving out orders. I held my cigarette to my lips, inhaling the bitter smoke while it flitted through the air, gradually disappearing.

"Dad, mommy's sleeping." Vicenzo called out before poking his head into the office. He shared Alessia's trait of not knocking. I quickly put my feet down and tapped out my cigarette into the ashtray, waving any lingering smoke away. Vicenzo walked inside, still in his Spider-Man pyjamas. And at six years old he was a little annoying at times. I watched him rub his eyes and walk over to me. Waking early, now that he got from me.

"Why don't you go back to bed. It's early." I encouraged even though I knew the answer. "I can't. I'm awake now." He frowned, blinking his eyes of full lashes. I hummed watching him pick up a pen from the desk. "Can I do some work with you?" He asked pulling a chair up to the desk. Before I could say anything, he grabbed a sheet of paper and began to scribble on it. Thankfully there was nothing important on it. I watched him scribble in delight, his dark eyes glinting.

"What have I told you, practice your name. It's like this." I wrote his name onto the paper along with some sums. He smiled and copied his name down and then worked out the sums, doing mental math. "That was easy. Give me a hard one." He groaned. So I wrote another sum, sixty five times two takeaway twenty. He solved that within seconds. When I saw his shoulders slump in boredom, we left the office.

He was sat in the bathtub while I was shaving, looking into the mirror. He splashed the water, giggling at the bubbles that filled the tub. "Make sure you wash your hair." I remarked. I heard a loud splash and giggling. I turned to see him with bubbles all over his head. I chuckled looking at him. Him being happy made me happy. "When can I shave dad?" He asked.

I hummed looking into the mirror, making sure my face was clean. "When you're older." I smiled. I would teach him everything I knew and more, I'd make sure of it. When he got out of the bath, we both got changed into casual wear. I had a meeting to get to soon. Alessia was still asleep in bed so we didn't disturb her.

We stepped out from the house, him being in a white T-shirt and me in a black one. The day was bright and blissfully warm. "Ace!" He yelled when the dog ran past our legs and into the front lawn. The dog began running around wildly, sometimes on the gravel and then on the grass. Vicenzo ran after him, chasing him while laughing. The dog didn't listen to him, in fact he loved it when he chased him. I blew out a whistle and the dog sat down immediately. "In." I ordered and the dog obeyed my command, wagging its tail between its legs.

"Come on Enzo, we'll be late." I walked ahead holding out a hand. He quickly ran up beside me and held onto my hand. "But mommy says she doesn't care if she's late." He grinned looking ahead. "But I'm not mommy so we will go now." I chuckled.