29 - Say it

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE

My heavy eyelids slowly flickered opened, adjusting to the bright light

My heavy eyelids slowly flickered opened, adjusting to the bright light. Where was I? I gasped as I remembered. Fucking Sovereign.

I tried to move but I felt my whole body aching, not allowing me to sit up. Shit. The place blew up. My head pained me greatly, I probably suffered a concussion hence why I was in a hospital bed. My injuries must be extensive because I couldn't physically bear to move but I don't feel like anything was broken.

Fuck. Is Alessia all right? I rushed to push her out of the door before me. Five seconds, the fucking bastard. I'm going to fucking kill him.

Ramsay entered the room and I felt relieved. A sense of normality was all I needed. I couldn't shake the painful humming sound in my ears but at least I'm alive. Ramsay flashed me a small smile as he mouthed some words as he approached my bedside. What the fuck? I couldn't hear him.

I furrowed my brows in confusion as Ramsay continued talking. He closed his mouth after a while and rubbed the back of his neck. He patted my shoulder and smiled. Just then he turned around and I saw Alessia walk in.

I couldn't help but smile. There she was. Absolutely perfect. She wore a loose fitting T-shirt, her bare arms were slightly bruised and she had a cut on her forehead. Seems as if I really did take most of the hit and I would do it again, in a heartbeat.

Alessia began to talk and I again looked confused. Shit. The blast must have damaged my hearing. Alessia looked at Ramsay and spoke to him. He nodded and left the room.

Fucking hell. I needed to get out of here. I hated hospitals. I hated being vulnerable.

Alessia walked towards me and sat on the chair beside my bed. She took ahold of my hand, her hand being bandaged and looked at me. I know what's she's thinking. Why did I take most of the hit? I'm also sure she knows exactly why I did it. I rubbed my thumb across her hand gently.

The door to my room was opened once more and a doctor entered. He was holding a clipboard and his face was sullen. He looked at me and began to talk. I couldn't hear a single thing but Alessia nodded to what he was saying. She also frowned and shook her head.

The doctor walked towards me and checked my vitals. He pointed a light at my eyes and checked my ears. Well fuck. It didn't take a genius to know that I was practically deaf.

The doctor talked to Alessia once more. I am surprised, she has not looked pissed off once. My diagnosis must be good. The doctor soon left and I was alone with Alessia.