43 - Amore mio

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE/GUN VIOLENCE
ALCOHOL/DRUGS

My heavy eyelids slowly flickered opened, only to drink in the darkness that surrounded me

My heavy eyelids slowly flickered opened, only to drink in the darkness that surrounded me. Was I even awake. The lights on the monitor reflected off the metal bed frame and I finally realised where I was and what had occurred. So I was alive. I survived.

I groaned, my muscles stiffening when I tried to move. Shit. I've been shot in the chest; hurts like a bitch. I rubbed my face, which was now covered in unkept stubble. My arms, they felt heavy and were also wrapped.

"You're awake." Ramsay's voice called out somewhere in the darkness. Suddenly, the light was switched on and I winced, blinking heavily adjusting to the light.

"Well shit, you are awake." Ramsay said as he walked over to me. "Now I can get out of this fucking place." He smiled. He doesn't know how relieved I am to see his face and to hear his voice. I was alone, in the darkness for a long while. He still looks exactly the same, his brown curls a rough mess atop his head, his eyes brown and tired, his nose straight and his shoulders broad.

I flinched when he patted my chest. He chuckled and walked out of the room. Well good to see you too friend. I heard him speak to someone across the hall. "He's awake."

I leaned my head back, feeling all the aches and pains in my body. I was so fucking sore. Where's the fucking morphine?

"Finally decided to return to the land of the living Ace?" A melodic voice rang out. I smiled and tilted my head to the right. I saw Alessia smiling at me. She walked slowly into the room, her leg pained her greatly. It was bandaged neatly. Her arm was in a sling. She had a few cuts and bruises but nothing that took away her beauty.

I tried to talk but my mouth was bone dry, so only a rasp escaped my lips. Alessia poured out a glass of water and held it at my lips. As I sipped it, I looked at her. Those crystal blue eyes and her perfect cheekbones. Her eyes met mine and she smiled, her lips soft and gentle. When she placed the water back down, she sat down on a chair beside my bed.

She pulled her chair closer to my bedside and I felt her hands grasp mine. She sighed before looking up at me. "I've missed you. I thought I had lost you. When you fell, I thought-" She frowned before I cut her off. "Alessia. I'm fine. We did it...and you're never going to lose me. I swear." I smiled at her, rubbing my thumb against her hand.

She sighed. She knew that we were nothing but flesh and bones so a promise like that was near impossible. She looked at me and smiled. "The doctors were able to flush out the chemicals in the syringe. Heparin and cyanide."

"Fuck. A blood thinner and poison. Fucking hell...Alessia I need to know, he was your brother-" I spoke before she cut me off. "He was nothing to me. I don't care about his death. Mariano is the only brother I have." She breathed out sharply. I hummed knowing she didn't want to talk about it. I'll talk to her later.