38 - Dinner party

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
EXPLICIT LANGUAGE
SWEARING
VIOLENCE
ALCOHOL

The time was seven in the evening the next day and Alessia and I were on the way to the dinner party

The time was seven in the evening the next day and Alessia and I were on the way to the dinner party. Formal events always got me slightly on edge. Especially when another mafia was concerned.

"You look beautiful." I complimented Alessia who blushed in response. "Thank you." Fuck I loved complimenting her and seeing her cheeks turn rose pink.

She wore a striking backless red dress which hugged her delicate curves and as she walked with such grace, the small tail of the dress fluttered after her. "You look absolutely delicious." She winked at me as she straightened out the dark maroon tie of my three piece suit.

I held out an arm for Alessia in which she hooked her arm through mine and we walked towards the ridiculously extravagant mansion. It sat in a gated premise, fully guarded. Being Russia, there were also large guard dogs kept on metal chains scattered across the grounds.

"Now this is a house." Alessia approved as her eyes took in every detail. I must admit, it was a grand house. "Must be like a fucking maze inside." I quipped. Alessia laughed at the joke.

The font door was opened to us and we entered a large front room, two sets of stairs curled around, connecting at the top. Every nook was outlined in gold, as hung paintings filled in the spaces across the walls.

Alessia walked ahead, her heels clicked against the marbled floor. She studied a painting with interest. The said painting looked like blue shit was smeared across it. "I see you have a keen eye for art." A deep voice called out.

I turned to see a tall, board man. His face was subtly wrinkled and a full beard hid his lips from view. He wore an excessive amount of gold chains across his white shirt. Utterly horrendous. It must have been a fashion choice albeit not a very good one. I would throw out an insult but it's only just been a few minutes.

"I'm honoured to meet you both. I am Aleksandr Constantine but please call me Alek." Alek said as he reached to shake my hand. So this was the face of the Russian mafia.

"Ace Hernandez." I said as I kept my eyes firmly on Alek. I have no idea about his motives or intentions so it's going to be a very tense night.

Alek turned to Alessia who also greeted him, shaking his hand firmly. That beautiful smile was gone from her lips as she also was in unfamiliar territory.

"Follow me, there's drinks. Come come." Alek said as he ushered us to follow him. I put my hands into my pockets, my fingers grazed the knife that occupied the space.

We were led to a large ballroom and I spotted several familiar faces. Mariano had on a tux and was beside Alena who wore a white knee length dress. Tom was also here, looking less formal with his shirt sleeves rolled up, exposing his tattooed arms. Although it was a small dinner party, there were a few more people here than I would have thought.