7.Archery?

Curtains swayed with the wind and sunlight entered the chamber

Curtains swayed with the wind and sunlight entered the chamber. Jewelry scattered around in the room reflected the sunlight. While the royal bed was covered with clothes, she sat on it.

The lady's coffee-brown orbs stared at her most adored rose, wondering about recent events.

Angraj!

Sighing, she declared that there was no use in stressing over it. But a part of her mind was still troubled by their enmity. If what she saw in her memories was true then Karn would die an unfair death.

The arrow pierced through his neck giving him the pain he never felt before.

"K-karn?" A vulnerable voice whispered. "Putra Karn!"

Kunti's voice rang through everyone's ears leaving them dumbfounded.

But why was Mata so affected by his death?" She let out a whisper. She needed to do something to unite these two. "Think Indu, think!"

Her eyes lit up with joy as an idea sparked through her mind.

***
"Rajkumari Indulekha is requesting to enter the chamber, Kumar."
The Rajkumar nodded in approval as he stood up. Indu looked at him as she entered, worry dwelling in her eyes, which she masked with a smile. "Bhratashee, you are a wonderful archer!" He smiled. He was always gleeful whenever someone complimented him about his skills, but hearing it for the first time from Indu was a new experience for him. It's not like Indu didn't compliment him when they were kids, but this was the first time she did after he came from his gurukul. 

"Could you teach me dhanurvidhya?" She grinned while he chuckled like a kid.

 "Why do you need to learn archery?" He said, emphasizing 'archery'. 

"Well, I-uh, I like it."

"Nope, I'm not teaching you anything!" He said, in a fake angry tone, his eyes still expressing mischief. She understood he was teasing her but she wasn't going to just take it. She narrowed her eyes at him, "Fine. I'll learn it from Angraj!"
"Sure." Came a short reply from him. She was a bit shaken, "Uh, so you're not going to stop me?" He nodded in disagreement.

 "And you're fine with it?" 

This time, he nodded with a 'yes'.

"Fine! Bye!" He chuckled at her childishness and deep down he knew that she wouldn't go to him, but oh, how wrong he was. 

"Step one, complete." She thought, trusting how much she knew her brother's personality.

Indu POV

I looked at his well-organized chamber. Though there were many documents and scrolls on his table, the rest of the room was fine, way better than mine.

He looked at me, expectantly. "So, I've heard that you really admire Bhrata Arjun!" 

His eyebrows curled up in confusion. His mind must be spiralling right now in confusion. What was I trying to achieve with that statement? Do I not know how to start a conversation like normal people?

 "I heard you like his music a lot and want him to dance for you!" I smiled and he understood that. A light chuckle left his mouth and looked at me. 

"Your jokes will be the end of me."

After a minute of silence, we started laughing, the silence becoming too unbearable.

It was as if we understood what we thought, kind of like a connection. That's sweet! 

"Now, I know you didn't come here joke about this." He said, keeping his scrolls down to completely face me.

I nodded and started, "Can you please teach me archery?"

His reaction was similar to Arjun's. He also chuckled. "Self-defense?" He questioned, picking up a scroll from his table. "Kind-of."

"Fine. From tomorrow?"

I nodded, smiling. "In the morning, meet me in front of my chamber." He smiled upon my instruction and kept the scroll down.

"Fine, I'll go now. Seems like you have a lot of work" I muttered, viewing the scrolls. He nodded as I left.

That's the second step of the plan. Now, I just have to wait.

Time Skip

Author POV

Indu stared at the flower garden in front of her. She came here whenever she wanted to vent when she wanted to just sit there forgetting about manners or formality, just being herself. Sitting in the royal garden for the ninth time this month, she was distressed about how often she would have to visit this place. Since the Kuru princes had arrived, there was one or another mishap and it wasn't going to stop until the war.

A sigh left her mouth which was heard by Arjun passing by. He entered the garden and sat beside her on the bench. "Exhausted?" She put on a smile and nodded, still looking at the plants. He did the same, providing her peace.

The wind blew by in a rhythm, being the only sound they heard. Their clothes flowed with the wind and their hair brushed against the bench.

"Is the teaching offer still open?" Arjun whispered as if his speaking would mess up the calmness. "Hmm." She hummed in response, giggling at her victory inside her mind. 

"Tomorrow. Stand in front of my chamber in the morning." She added as he nodded. 

"Step 3, complete." She thought, brushing her bare feet on the grass.

"Do you come here every day?" He asked, looking at her with a hint of a smile. 

"Only when I want to."

"And when do you want to?" He asked. He was curious; it's not every day you meet your sister after spending half your life in your gurukul

"When I want to stay away from human beings and be with myself. Sort out my stress, you can say."

He nodded, understanding. "I guess I'm interuppting your meditation time?" Arjun asked, trying to hold his laughter.

Indu glared at him, but even she couldn't control her smile. "Yes, you are! Go away!" She said letting her laughter out while trying to push him away.

"Fine, bye." He said, keeping his voice low. Giving her one last time he left. "Enjoy your peace, Rajkumari."

"I will, Bhratashree. Tomorrow."