63. Euphoria

euphoria

euphoria

/juːˈfɔːrɪə/

noun

a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Day 2

Post-midnight

Kauravas' Camp

Kurukshetra

"They know we're here!"

A panicking Chandraputri and a smiling Yogmaya saw the Madreyas rush towards them, panting. The two running men halted, their breath hitching upon seeing the state of their sister. The two exchanged confused glances before looking at Subhadra for an answer, who simply smiled in response.

"What's happening to you, Indu?" They asked, sitting down beside her and staring at her glowing hands.

"I don't know, but it hurts," she mumbled, trying to level her breathing. Her palms were still encased in Subhadra's, emitting white light that had gotten blinding now. The twins wanted to alert them about what they'd gotten to know, but with one moment of eye contact and Indu's violent flinching, they decided against it.

"Don't worry, she's fine. You had some news, Rajkumar?" Subhadra grinned knowingly.

Nakul and Sahadev nodded.

"I don't think we'll be able to listen as of now. Please alert the others. We'll follow." She looked at the two with a cheeky smile, which they were all too familiar with. They hadn't failed to notice the resemblance of Krishnaanuja to Krishna himself. Trusting that very smile, they nodded and hurried off towards their wives, Karenumati and Vijaya.

At a distance, Karenumati and Vijaya frowned at the sight of their husbands, unlike whenever their presence was the source of a smile.

"Arya, what happened? Is everything fine?" Karenumati asked, handing her sword to her sister-in-law. The two men nodded a 'no'.

"The Kauravas, they know we're here." Nakul breathed out, slightly heaving from running a long distance. "How? We were very careful, right?" Vijaya asked, subconsciously shifting closer to Sahadev.

"Shukra. GandharRaj's eagle."

⊹˚₊‧─────────────────────────────────────────‧₊˚⊹

Arjun and Karn had already begun rescuing the women from the first camp as soon as Valandhara and Shikhandni had given the signal. Seeing no signs of Indulekha, Subhadra, Karenumati or Vijaya, the two warrior women decided to help the archers in rescuing the women. While Arjun and Karn worked together on the 3rd camp, Valandhara went to work on the 1st camp and Shikhandni worked on the 2nd camp.