13. Letters

Her dupatta flew off her hands and burnt into ashes. Her hair bounced up and down. Her heaving chest went unnoticed by everyone. Burns around her body, half of her hair burnt and body covered in smoke, she realized that she couldn't escape.

Her breaths felt like they would be the last, her heart felt like it would beat for one last time and soon enough, her life would face it's everything one last time.

****
"Give me that!" Indu jumped up and down trying to get her phone from her tall brother, who held it high above.

No, he didn't know what this peculiar box was, but it was still fun to tease her.

"Come get it!"
He waved it up in the air and she pouted, folding her arms. This was one of the times she hated her average height the most.

After her whining like a child, jumps almost letting her legs twist, Arjun's arms feeling like they'll fall off any minute, they stopped! Which was about an hour or so. They'd finally reached the bhavan near Varnavart and they all were finished with the puja. 

During nighttime, the princes were enjoying themselves. Bheem and Sahadev were playing chausar while Arjun and Yudishthir were resting on the bed as Arjun narrated their stories of them in Dwarka. And the happiest were Nakul and Indu who were playing with their little friend, a mouse. Yes, the one which Vidur had sent. Indu had even decided to name it but she wasn't pretty sure about the name.  Indu was holding the mouse and Nakul kept on admiring his face in the mirror. He would occasionally glance at his sister and the mouse, but couldn't stop resisting the urge to pet the mouse.

Indu handed the mouse to Nakul and went to her personal chamber, beside her mata's room. She was keen to find out if Karn had written back to her. "Dasi, Kya koi patra aaya?" The dasi nodded and brought the princess some letters while saying, "Do patra aayein hai, Rajkumari."

She nodded and hurried inside her chamber. She sat comfortably on her bed and looked at the two letters. One seemed new and smelt pleasantly fresh. It had Karn's name written. The other letter seemed old, due to all the dust on it. But its parchment seemed like the finest one. There was nothing much on the front but a sealing was a plain circle. There was a detailed carving of a morpankh in the back of the letter. It was addressed to her but it wasn't written whom it was by. She was intrigued and hoped it was Krishna because there was every chance of it to be. Mysterious? Yes. Morpankh? Yes. Krishna? Yes. Hotel? Trivago. 

She hurriedly opened it and read it out.

Priya Indu,

You might already know who had written this letter. Right, sakhi?
First of all, I'd like to say, don't trust anyone. When one feels helpless they will do anything, break any limit, complete any task to lose such vulnerability. Trust anyone, believe anything and everything they hear. Just looking for a way to escape. And that's how they get trapped in their own mind, Indu.