18.

Hastinapur

Hastinapur

Karn was pretty worried about the information he had. He knew that the 7 of them didn't want to come back, and Indu specifically asked him not to tell anyone. And he was trying his best not to. But what could he do? 

"Mitra, you weren't there! I swear, you could've won the swayamvar.  Instead, that Arjun won it."

His eyes widened at that, How did he know?  

"Arjun?" He questioned, trying to seem shocked at the fact he was alive. "Didn't they die in that Lakhshagraha?"

"They escaped, Angraj." Gandharaj said as he limped beside  Duryodhan. Everything about him sickened Karna, whether it was his coordinated hand and eye movements, his yellow teeth or his sly remarks. "I suppose they did." After a few moments, Dushasan stood up. "Jyestha, if they're alive then that means we'll have to kill them again."

"No need for that. They'll reveal themselves soon enough."

Sighing, Karn asked, "What is your plan, GandharRaj?"

Bearing a smirk on his bearded face, he took out a scroll. Its edges were dipped in gold and carved out into the most intricate designs. It seemed to be made of silk, instead of the normal parchment used.  It looked like a wedding invite, as least that's what Karn assumed.

"This," He pointed to it, "is how the Pandavas will come back."

As Karn was about to ask about the plan, Duryodhan's worry grew. "Why? Why do we need them to come back? If they're living there and Yudishthir does not become the king, why do we need to trouble them?" For once, Duryodhan seemed proud of his question. It was a sensible one, though Shakuni felt otherwise.

"How can you be this dumb, mere bacche?  We bring them back to kill them. They have a plan, don't you undestand, they are trying to live among the citizens. To understand them, stay with them, and understand their problems. Then they'll come back and use the excuse that they know the subjects better than us in order to rule."

They all nodded as the King of  Ang was amused by Shakuni's thoughts. 

"So, here's the plan."

-----

"Aayushman Bhavah, Putri."

 Draupadi and Agnishika being there was quite a surprise for Kunti. She had expected them to bring alms, instead, they got Draupadi from her swayamvar. But Kunti wasn't complaining. One of the elder brothers was already married so, she had no problem with Arjun being married. The only concern was that she was a Rajkumari. During the wedding, many people may find out their true identity.

As Kunti explained this to all of them, they sighed. "So, what must we do, mata?" 

She pondered over it for a while as she asked them to rest after the journey. 

"Indu, how come you look so good today?" Nakul smirked as he looked at her face. "Fine, I'll go wash my face beside the river. Aadh-Rajkumari  Agnishika, will you come?"

She shared a look with Draupadi and walked out, as  Nakul seemed in awe of the beauty of the second fire-born. 

"Isn't she beautiful?" He muttered, which was heard by the brothers beside him as well as Draupadi. As soon as he realized what he said, he glanced at the 5 of his brothers who were smirking. 

He understood.

He understood that it was now his turn to be teased.

-----

"What did you want to talk about?" Agnishika asked, sitting on the banks of the river. She slightly lifted her sari and swayed her legs in the water. Indu did the same, sitting beside her. 

"Our last moments together, in our past lives. They were not happy, to say the least." 

"Indu, I am not even a little bit mad about that. I've left those memories behind. They have nothing to do with me and my present life. It's better for everyone if you forget them too. And here, we're just friends, not sisters."

Indu was a bit shocked. Her little sister, Aadhya, seemed to have grown up. 

"Look at you, you seem a lot more mature than you were earlier."
She smiled and it resembled dear Kanha's serene smile. Not too happy, but it could win people's hearts

"Someone  helped me with that." She said as she glanced at the sky, thinking of her Govind.

"If it's all sorted out, then let's go inside."

As they entered the hut, they heard laughter and saw a heavily blushing Nakul.

Indu POV

As soon as we entered, they all stared at us. More specifically, they stared at Agnishika. I connected two dots and came to the conclusion- Nakul likes her. Pretty vague, I know. But that's what seemed to be happening. The subtle glances Bhrata Arjun gave me, pointedly towards Bro Nakul and Agnishika, the teasing look on Bhrata Sahadev's face, Bhrata Bheem chuckling as he ruffled Bro Nakul's hair and him being a blushing mess proved it to me.

"Bhrata Nakul, do you want us to die out of cold? Won't you go brings the logs and sticks for the fire?"

He took a glance at me, then back at Aadhya. 

"Y-yeah, I will bring them."

"May I accompany him too?  I know some good places here where most animals live, a lot of branches have fallen over there." Aadhya said. 

My plan had worked! These are the perks of being able to deduce the personalities of the people around.

"Yeah, of course!" Nakul said as they left.

Oh, I can't believe this day has come! I am match-making the match-maker! Our duo will now have a married person! He's fallen in love!