27. Rajsuya Yagna

Months after Indu returned, the preparations for the Rajsuya yagna had almost finished

Months after Indu returned, the preparations for the Rajsuya yagna had almost finished. Nakul and Sahadev had brought their wives home, Karenumati, and Vijaya, respectively.

There were celebrations everywhere and everyone seemed delighted, especially Indu.

As everyone had gotten busy with the preparations, Indu got busy entertaining the kids. Sometimes with stories, sometimes with over-dramatic plays with Nakul and sometimes stealing food from Bheem. One day, Bheem caught her and the children stealing kheer from the kitchen. Indu didn't get kheer that day and the kids got a lot of scolding for listening to their Bua.

***

All the invitations were sent to the kingdoms to be present at Rajsuya yagna. Various Kings from the kingdoms had started to enter the place.

The stage-like platform had a sacred fire and seats around it along with other materials needed. The platform was surrounded by the seat for the kings and the other guests.

Indu stared at Yuvraj Shishupal and Duryodhan as they entered, accompanied by GandharRaj Shakuni, Angraj Karn, and Dusshasan. She felt worried, her stomach knotting up at the sight of these 5 and what they'd do today. She also saw Satya and smiled at him. She, then, glanced at her sakha, who sat on the opposite side of Duryodhan and the others. He smiled at her, reassuringly. To which, she playfully raised her eyebrows, reciprocating a smile.

The Rajsuya Yagna begun. There were stares of jealousy, admiration, respect, annoyance, and happiness.

Yudishthir walked up to the throne and started, " Reverend guests, our mother had taken the oath that she would enter Indraprastha, only after we become independent. This gave us the motivation to work hard to make this kingdom into what it is today. Due to the teachings of our reverend Pitamaha Bhishma, we were successful in this effort. I welcome Mata and Pitamaha to the Rajsuya yagna!"

Mata Kunti and Pitamaha Bhishma walked in through the entrance. all eyes on them. The six siblings trembled for a moment, with shock. Their mother was finally here. Their eyes moistened and her lips formed a smile. Everyone stood up, paying their respects to both.

All six of them went to her, joining their hands and bowing down to touch her feet.

She looked at Indu, after blessing everyone. "Kesi ho, putri?"

"Mein swasth hu, aap kesi hai mata? They didn't cause many problems for you, did they? " She nodded in disagreement. "No, it was fine."

Receiving her blessings and Pitamaha's, Yudishthir moved on to his throne.

"Chakravarti Samrat Yudishthir ki Jai!"

The voices ringed in Duryodhan's mind. Each time the words were said, he rolled his eyes out of annoyance. Oh, how bad he wanted all this. This huge kingdom, the wealth, the authority, the respect, the title of the Chakravarti Samrat.