34."Vanvas"

"I, now, realize how she might have felt, Kanha

"I, now, realize how she might have felt, Kanha." Indu mumbled, sitting on her bed as Krishna looked at her in admiration.

"You're strong; the way you dealt with the incident was wonderful. I want you to remember that, all right?" He said, patting her back.

Her cheek was stained with tears and her hair was a tangled mess.

"H-he touched me, my sari." Her voice was filled with desperation to cry, yet she wasn't able to. As if all of her tears had dried up.

It was an understatement to say that she was disgusted. Just the thought of what worse situations Draupadi had to go through sickened her. To her, it was just a fragment of what Draupadi might have felt. But she was happy that in this timeline she could protect her Krishnaa.

"I think we should go out," She said, receiving a hum from him.

Coming out, she could feel the tension lingering in the air.

"We're sorry, deeply sorry." The five brothers, joining their hands, walked over to their sister. "You could've just stood up and left, committing a minor adharm by breaking the rules. But you decided to stay and are now a part of one of the greatest crimes known to humanity. Why do you think a 'sorry' is going to fix it?" Indu, with nothing more left to say to them, turned to Karn and joined her hands. "You fulfilled your vow, bhrata. Thank you." Karn seemed a bit confused when she used the word 'vow', trying to remember what she was speaking about.

"Indu, I vow to protect you from anything that may cause you sadness. I will never let you down, behna. "

Realizing what she was speaking about, he nodded. The 6 siblings knew that it was now time to prepare everyone for the vanvas. "We will go to vanvas for 12 years and 1 year of agyatvasa. All this time will be used by us to prepare for war."

"War?" Draupadi questioned, unaware of the sudden announcement.

"War, indeed. Justice needs to be served and these immoral men shall be punished." Arjun replied. Nodding, Draupadi was content knowing that Indu will get her justice. Agni stumbled on her feet, realizing that she had done a lot to save her sister, Draupadi, but nothing for her sister from her past life. She had done nothing to protect her and nothing to support her. All she could think of was how she let down someone so close to her, despite knowing what fate might befall her.

"During the agyatvasa, if anyone finds us we shall get another 12 years of vanvas and 1 year of agyatvasa." Arjun continued as everyone present in the room tried to process this.

 Moving over to Agnishika, she whispered in her ears, "I think you should tell them. It's now or never. Later on, all their going to be focusing on preparations for the war."

"Read the room, Indu. There's no way anyone is in their right mind as of now."

"If you don't, I will." Walking away from Indu, she clapped her hands to gather everyone's attention or perhaps, gather the courage to speak. "I had been wedded to Rajkumar Nakul, a few years ago." Nakul and Karn shared a glance and then back at her, nodding to assure her. While Nakul noticed her shaking voice and fidgeting hands, Karn noticed her quivering lips and unsteady posture.