69. Moonchild

Moonchild, moonchildThat's how it's supposed to beYeah, all these pain and all these sorrowsThat's our destiny, see?

That's how it's supposed to be
Yeah, all these pain and all these sorrows
That's our destiny, see?

Day 3

Some Time After Midnight

Indulekha's tent

Kurukshetra

"Those two are dead the moment they enter my tent," Indulekha huffed, tired of waiting for her husband and daughter.

The night was cold. The breezes danced around the tents. The full moon was still shining in the sky, which always lifted Indu's mood.

Her mind was unstable, as for now. Satyadev and Satyalekha, both, hadn't returned from wherever they had wandered off to. Her desk had a pouch with the Supreme Lord's blood itself. To worsen things, her mind couldn't focus on one problem and kept overthinking the advice everyone gave her.

Indulekha broke out of her reverie, hearing footsteps in her tent.

"Bhrata Yuyutsu? Did you get any updates? Where are the two?" She asked, her vulnerable voice cracking.

He sighed, nodding a 'no'.

"I'm unaware. Bhrata Vikarn says he hasn't gotten any message from Bhrata Dussashan, and I didn't find the two anywhere." He replied as she nodded. He hurried off, not wanting to intrude.

She zoned out, yet again, as the possibilities rushed into her head. What if it was a father-daughter kidnapping? What if the two decided to quit the war and go to the park? Did they leave her stranded?

Yet again, her thoughts were interrupted when someone walked in. But this time, it was Satyadev, walking in with a sword in his hand. She stood up and frowned at him.

"Where were you? I was so worried! Wait, where's Smika?"

He didn't reply, unable to meet her gaze. His grip on his sword tightened, though his hands still trembled.

"Duel me," He spoke, a stern expression on his face while his eyes were moist. Confusion grew on her face as he charged ahead. She dodged as he hit the desk behind her. The desk didn't budge, showing he didn't apply even the slightest of his strength.

"What? Why are you-" Indu shouted as she swiftly ducked under more of his attacks.

"They're outside," Satyadev whispered.

"Who?"

"Satyalekha, and soldiers."

He grunted.

"I don't, I don't get it."

Satyadev put his sword down, sighing. His voice shook as started, "It's a treachery. They're going to kill her if we both don't duel to our death. Their condition was— out of the three of us, one of us has to die."