70. Good Night

Day 3

Day 3

Post-Midnight

Indulekha's tent

Kurukshetra

The seven siblings sighed in dismay. Their eyes look at the body on the ground in confusion. The tent felt way too small now, despite being one of the largest in the camp.

"You told me he's not dead and it's complicated, then why is he still lying on the floor?" Nakul whispered to Indu who shrugged in return.

"He definitely fell asleep while waiting for us," She replied, her tears long gone and her arms stroking Satyalekha's back in an attempt to comfort the traumatized child.

"Whose blood is that?" Karna asked, creeped out that his youngest sibling had access to someone's blood, that too after midnight.

"I don't know if I'm allowed to say, but whoever it belongs to is going to be mad at me tomorrow for wasting it." She frowned, sitting on her bed.

"So, it's Vasudev's?" Bheem questioned, raising his eyebrows to which she nodded.

"And if we're holding a meeting, why are we holding it here?" Sahadev asked, leaning on her desk.

"Blood makes Smika nauseous, I need to clean this up soon and I'm not leaving her alone before it."

Satyalekha gave a watery smile to her mother. Her face had died-up tears, which had brought her kohl to drip along her cheeks. Her eyes, red and puffy and her mind, still dealing with the apparent death of her father.

Despite the blood not being his, it troubled her realising that it was Krishna's, the one who she deeply admired. And perhaps also, because she was the fruit of his blessing.

Indu hurriedly stood up, leaving her daughter's side for a moment. She went to her desk as Sahadev looked at her, decipheringly. She took her phone out, from under various layers of clothes.

She switched it on, her blood-stained hands still hadn't dried and stained the phone's screen. Her brothers looked at her in awe, proud of her for being stable despite the situation.

Indu went directly to Google, searching up and typing in English. Sahadev, the only one beside her who could peek in, got confused at the weird language he saw. While the rest of the brothers seemed curious due to the light peeking out of it.

"You brought the peculiar box here, too?" Arjun questioned and she nodded in reply, without lifting her eyes from the screen.

"Can't believe that's what Kaliyug is going to be like. People not looking at each other to converse and having their faces buried in such boxes." Nakul dramatically complained to Yudishthir who shrugged in response, his eyes focused on Satyadev's sleeping body.

"What's the box?" Karna questioned no one in general.

"It's from the future. Don't worry, Indu promised to tell us all about it once the war ends." Bheem said.