76. I Hate War Pt. 2

Day 5

Day 5

Dawn

Kurukshetra

Indulekha POV

Nope.

No.

Not at all.

I'm not leaving the bed.

I know I haven't slept and yet, I do not want to move. I saw Satya get ready with his armour and resting on the bed with his feet propped up, and Smika arriving from Bro Nakul's tent. She sat beside me on the bed, saying something which I didn't pay attention to.

My eyes were drowsy, with dark circles underneath.

Emotional baggage? Yes, of course, but the eye bags were nothing less.

I had heard that depressed mood is common once you avoid sleep for long. But the urge to throw Smika and Satya off the bed is getting to me.

"Move before I push you two off," I spoke with no effort, my voice being emotionless. One of those two chuckled before getting off the bed.

Get up, Indu.

Come on, you can do this.

Urging myself to stand, I stood. Never mind, I just sat upright.

"Smika, help," I mumble, drowsily. She nodded enthusiastically and helped me up.

Where does she get this energy from, isn't she from Kaliyug as well?

I stumbled next to Satya who worriedly looked at me. I leaned on him to stand as he held me, gently.

"Are you sure you can fight today?"

"I hab,-er, hav- no, have, right. Yeah, I have to." I stutter, yawning. I heard him sigh as he made me sit down.

NO, I JUST GOT UP WITH SO MUCH EFFORT.

"I know the punishment includes you coming to war even if you're tired but I can deal with them if you want to rest. Because earlier, you still got sleep for at least a few hours. But now, not even one moment is too exhausting." Satya said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"No, I just need coffee."

"We'll have to go to Kaliyug for that." Smika said, crawling beside me and resting her head on my lap. I stroked her head, my eyes slowly drooping.

I felt a nudge on my side, "I'm awake!"

"This Kaliyugi family will have to live without coffee because it's time for the war. Are you sure you'll be fine?" He asked one last time.

"Mhm," I replied, standing up with effort as Smika walked away.

I stood in front of the mirror, my back crouched and my shoulders slouched. My hair was in a braid, though still messy, and my skin looked pale. My cheeks sunken in and my lips chapped.

What's up with me? One day I feel the most confident in war and the next day, I'm the worst creature Kanha ever created.

"Smika, putri, get my phone."

She did as I asked her, handing my phone to me. I entered the password and went straight to my web browser.

CHROME

🔍                                                      wut happpens with out days of sleepl ?

Cringing at the enormous amounts of spelling mistakes, I scrolled through some websites. The only common answers I found were fatigue, mood swings, drowsiness, reduced coordination of body parts and irritation at basically everything.

Well, most of those are true.

But I'm fine, right?

Yeah, I'm fine.

I sat in my chariot, my hands loosely holding my sword. The war had started. My ears had burst. And yeah, blood was staining my arms. Not mine, but the soldiers. The nausea kept overcoming me, I had to take breaks and vomit on the ground. Surprisingly, I wasn't the only one who vomited in war.

Soldiers kept surrounding me while I relied solely on the adrenaline and my fight-or-flight instinct. Sudden energy bursts came whenever I was close to death and then left me feeling drowsier every time they went away.

Okay, so maybe I'm not fine?

"Are you fine, Indu?" Bhrata Arjun shouted, as his chariot pulled beside mine. Bro Nakul came shortly after as I replied to him.

"Yeah, I'm almost fine."

"Almost?"

"I might sleep. Bro Nakul, please slap me awake." I asked as I got off my chariot, and walked near his. The ones who battled around us definitely stared at me weirdly, but I didn't care. I was too busy trying not to sleep.

"What? I'm not going to slap you!?"

"Ugh, you're useless. Bhrata Arjun. can you?"

"Yeah, one moment." He smiled, getting off his chariot.

You're too happy to do this.

Bhrata Arjun walked over to me. My eyes flashed open when I felt his palm across my cheek, a stinging pain left where he hit. I pouted, complaining he hit me too hard while stifling a laugh. Nakul looked at us in worry.

"What was that?!" He asked, getting off his chariot to rush to me. "Why'd you hit her?"

Bhrata Arjun shrugged, "I've slapped her a lot whenever we bickered. She usually got me back, or complained to Mata. Can't do that now, can you?" He smirked.

But, I'm not letting him go.

I grabbed Bhrata Nakul's sword, slowly to give him time to escape. In a moment, his eyes resembled the terror he felt as he ran back to his chariot. His chariot went in the other direction, I saw, towards Pitamaha.

"You just wanted to scare him away, right?" Bro Nakul asked as I nodded. He smiled at me, and though it seemed pitiable, I wasn't in the mood to decipher what he was thinking. He gave me a shove towards my chariot after taking his sword back. His eyes filled with determination and content, most probably because I was back to being what I was.

"Are you fine?" He asked, to which I sighed.

"No, not at all." I smiled and so did he. Pride for me was visible in his eyes as he hugged me. Bro Nakul went back to his chariot, giving me one last glance and a few words of motivation.

"Come on, go fight." 

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·