43. Smika

A tear fell on the new-born's face

The tear of happiness.

The tear of a mother.

The tear of Indulekha.

Her husband hugged from the side, making sure not to harm the delicate baby in her arms who she held close to her heart. Her brothers looked at their niece with a huge smile.

And Indulekha, she promised herself to keep this little petal of her happiness away from the war, the politics and Gandhar Raj. She promised to make her life about memories with her mother-father, uncles, brothers and sister. Not with enemies or the throne. She promised to keep her far, far away from the throne of Hastinapur.

Planting a soft kiss on her forehead, she looked at her husband for the suggestion of a name.

"What name do we give to this flower?" She chuckled.

"Name her after you both," Nakul suggested, stroking his sister's back.

"Satyadev and Indulekha." Bheem kept repeating their names to see if something in his brain sparked.

"Satyalekha?" Satyadev's voice countered Bheem's as he held his daughter.

"Beautiful," Indu mumbled. "Kanha?"
"It's lovely," His serene smile was once again the centre of attention. It beauty wasn't comprehendible but something to experience. And Indu knew that and never missed a chance to enjoy the serenity. But something which made her happiness cross the limits was that the moment Kanha smiled, Satyalekha also smiled with its radiance like that of His.

And that's why she was known as Smika.

◉◉◉◉◉◉◉◉

"I want her to keep visiting me every year, alright?" Indu was panicking as this was the last month she got to spend with Smika. Smika was 1 year old now and was supposed to go live in Matsya with Satyadev.

"Calm down, she'll come every year."

"Alright. Once she's at least 10, teach her weaponry which should be enough for her self-defence. But don't over work her, because she's just 10," Indu, not realising, started blabbering in English, "Because a 10-year-old is literally a child. What do you expect from a child? Don't tell her anything about the Dyut Sabha, I'll talk to her myself about that. She better not turn out like me-"

He interrupted her by hugging her because he had no idea what she was saying, while she, appreciating the gesture, hugged him back. Nakul, who looked at this, ran away to his Jyeshta complaining that Indu was being 'too bold for her age'.

"Listen, our daughter will be perfect. Because she will be just like you," He smiled, patting Indu's head.

"Fine," She rolled her eyes, trying to contain her smile.

◉◉◉◉◉◉◉◉

Dear Indu,

This being the last year of your vanvas and the transition month for the agyatvasa, this letter is going to be the last one I send. Uttara and Smika are driving me crazy over here. They keep pranking Uttar. But also, because they haven't met you in a long time and really wish to do so. And so do I.
I really want you to know how brave you are for standing up for yourself and helping your brothers with their hardships. And I wish to do the same for you.

I know you are worried about Smika, but she is perfectly fine. She just turned 11. I know you won't be attending her 12th birthday, and that's why I made a doll of you. She loves it and always keeps it near her. Smika wrote a letter for you too: -

Namaste Mata,

I miss you! I'm learning how to use weapons and Pitashree is also teaching me a lot of literature!

I enjoy it here but I enjoy it even more when we go to visit Mamashree Krishn! These days, I've been teaming up with Uttara bua and pranking Uttar kaku!!!

I really want to meet you and tell you all of this personally!

Bye!

That was her letter. Look at her, she can't even focus on one topic at a time! Adorable, isn't she?

I'll look forward to your letter.

Love,

Satyadev.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey :))))!

I decided to skip the years of vanvas and only showed the highlights because I thought it was a bit unnecessary to show all the years. I hope this isn't too fast, though.

Bye :)