17. Mistakes

[Words that are both bold and underlined are being spoken in English

[Words that are both bold and underlined are being spoken in English.]

"It's not a big  deal!" 

The voice of the brunette rang through her ears. The sweet voice was almost deafening to her. 

"Of course, it isn't for you. It's my life that will be ruined!"

The two of them were not stopping their quarrels and their mother, didn't want to stop it. If a fight would convince Indu, then so be it she thought.

"It could change my life, Di! Stop being so selfish!" 

"I'm being selfish, now am I? You're the one whose agreeing to marry your sister off so that you can get into some university, Aadhya!"

"It's not some university! It's one of the most well-known and popular one. It can help this family so much if I successfully become an engineer. And Mahesh is also loaded, we'll never run out of money!"

Mr. Sharma was the chancellor of the most well-known university in India. And coincidentally, his son, Mahesh, was smitten by the beauty of Indu. The deal was, if Indu married him, Aadhya will be accepted into the university.

"I don't care about money! And about you being accepted, if you study hard enough you'll get in! Why don't you study, instead of finding a lazy way to get in. And, YOU CANNOT MAKE CHOICES ABOUT MY LIFE!"

"And you can make decisions about someone else's life?"

The scene changed and instead of the living room they previously were in, they were now at the wedding stage.  There was music and decorations. Surrounded by flowers was the yagna, where were seated 6 people. The placed seemed to be joyous and wonderful, but no one's faces held a smile neither did their eyes glimmer with any hope.

 This wedding was torture, for everyone who was viewing it. More than that, the dried up tears on Draupadi's face clearly said that she didn't want this. But it happened. The tears she was holding in her eyes were threatening her every second to leave and flood the entire kingdom, but no. She was strong, strong enough to overcome this and accept it. Accept that she was now the wife of 5 men, she never even knew.

 Accept that she was now the wife of 5 men, she never even knew