74. Tears of Blade

⚠️Trigger Warning: Self-harm, if it disturbs you, I recommend scrolling down to do the *** which I have placed, signalling the end of this

Day 4

Night

Pandavas' camp

Kurukshetra

Author POV

Indu rushed to her tent, forbidding any person to enter. Tears flowed down her cheeks and her arms urged her to do something. Trembling and shivering, she screamed in frustration.

Vulnerable.

Vulnerable.

Vulnerable.

Her mind echoed with thoughts she didn't want to hear, flashbacks of the sabha replaying in her mind. Duryodhan's hands on her sari, the teary eyes of her brothers and the overwhelming feeling of emptiness replaying in her head. The desperate need for help, to be rescued was the constant there and it all came rushing back. She'd promised herself to never depend on the others, it was too risky. But again, she had gone and stirred up trouble and her family had to rescue her.

Her sobs were audible outside the tent, the soldiers looking at each other with worry for the Queen.

Indu's eyes landed on her dagger, hands trembling as she reached out to it. What was she to do with that? She gulped, her hands removing her bandages as if subconsciously. Her right arm's injury, the cut not healed and the scab was indefinite on it.

She took a breath in and let it go, her brain overloading with the feeling of sinking.

1

2

3

4

5

"Maharani has forbidden anyone to enter, Maharaj, especially you and Rajkumari Satyalekha. But we are worried for our Queen, she had been screaming and crying. It all stopped, a few moments ago." The soldier said, his voice shaking with fear and uncertainty of what action to take.

Satyadev nodded, taking back his arm which held Smika's.

"Putri, go to your Mama-shree Nakul's tent. Sleep there if you want to, if not then rest with Madhusmriti in your Mama-shree Karn's tent. We'll meet tomorrow, alright?" He mumbled, planting a kiss on her forehead. She ran off to the tent and the soldiers let him enter, hesitatingly. He quickly closed the drapes at the entrance.

Satyadev turned around and his eyes widened.

"Indu?' His voice shook, seeing the state of his wife. He saw a bleedy dagger in her left arm, shaking. Her right arm's cut bleeding profusely. Four to five slashes were prominent on it. She was on the floor, her legs curled up and tears staining her face.