72. God, How I Hate War.

Happy Holi :D !!

Happy Holi :D !!

Day 4

Kurukshetra

"Are you sure this strategy will work, Mamashree?" Duryodhan asked, doubt filling his mind.

"You'd kill them. And even if you don't, they can't kill you. Neither will benefit them and both will benefit us." Shakuni replied, taking pride in his strategies.

"What if-" The eldest Kaurava was interrupted by his uncle, annoyance clear in his voice, "If Mahamahim has agreed, then what troubles you, my child?"

"That the Pandavas might not be as naive as we think of them to be."

The fourth day of the war started and the armies met each other in a ferocious battle.

The only goal today for the Pandava army was to reduce as much strength of the opposing army as they could. Most of the civilians were rescued, including Dheeraj and Advait, and were also sent back to their homes.

The only goal for the Kaurava army was to end Indulekha's life. Shakuni was troubled when he didn't get any message informing them of the change of the Pandavas' Senapati, as they believed Satyadev was dead. Seeing him on the battlefield left Shakuni shocked for a while. Duryodhan was back on the field, having hated the day of rest he was given.

"Senapati Satyadev, Jyeshtabhrata Yudishthir and Indulekha, confront Bhrata Duryodhan and capture him to end the war. Dhrishtadyumna, Nakul and Sahadev, you must duel with Guru Drona. Abhimanyu, Jyeshtabhrata Karn and I will fight Pitamaha." Arjun declared the duties, which were soon heard and followed.

The groups tried their best to approach their designated opponents as the armies went into their war formations and vyuhs. Mahamahim Bhisma started showering his arrows on the warriors, wails and screams audible for a long period. Arjun went to confront him with his group but kept facing hurdles in between.

Guru Drona, while battling with Dhristhadyumna, Nakul and Sahadev, also made sure that Indu, Yudishthir and Satyadev couldn't reach Duryodhan.

"Jyeshta, what must we do?" Indu panicked, her injured arm aching as she swayed the sword against the arrows showered on her. Despite Nakul's insisting, she decided that it was a great day to be on her horse, White, instead of the chariot. So, she gripped the reins of her horse with her left arm and blocked off Guru Drona's arrows with her right arm (Yes, the one which had been pierced through).

"I'll deal with the attacks, sneak off to Duryodhan on the first chance you get!" Yudishthir screamed while Drona was busy with his bow against Dhrishtadyuma's.

One thing which Indulekha realised in war: whatever rules they make are meant to be broken. Not one rule which Mamashree Shakuni had declared had been followed by any side. The general rules were always followed, though. "Only one warrior shall fight with another warrior," not followed, "Each warrior shall fight with a warrior of his own category," not followed. Yudishthir had told her, there were some rules, which no matter what, were never meant to be broken and some which were flexible.