36. Secrets?¿

A day before Vanvas

A day before Vanvas

"Bhrata Karn,"

A peaceful pair of eyes glanced at Indu's restless eyes.

"Do you know why I see you as my brother?" He raised his eyebrows, jestfully, and flashed a smile to her which was reciprocated by a nervous one. They stood inside the palace, in Indu's room upon her request. The servants had left long ago and she'd pulled the curtains wide open. The fresh air wasn't enough for her after what Kanha told her. It felt like she didn't know anyone at all. And that's when she realised, she needed to let Karn know himself.

"Well, because you are my brother."

And it did not take more than a moment for Karn to burst into laughter. "Me? Your brother?" His words were interrupted by his laughter.

"Well, it is the truth, and I mean it."

Realising she was serious, he quietened down and before he could question she replied, "You are Mata Kunti's son. I wouldn't tell you anything more because I want you to hear the rest from Mata herself. But you are the eldest brother of us Pandavas." Saying so, she left. She just left?

How could she simply leave after unleashing this burden on him? This sudden weight which was pulling him down hurt too much.

Not wasting a second, he dashed out of her room and decided to leave for Hastinapur at that moment.

"Indu, inform your brothers," He shouted out to Indu who was walking away in the hallway. She stopped and turned out, "I will be leaving for Hastinapur after you all leave for Vanvas."

She, nodding with a hint of a smile, dashed away and left him with his thoughts.

◍◍◍◍◍◍◍◍◍◍

"I don't understand," Satyadev sat down beside Indu on the bed of the chamber he was allotted. It was spacious enough but yet it felt suffocating.

"How did all that even happen?"

Indu, keeping her head on his shoulder, remained silent. "What was the reason you didn't want the Matsya army to be at war with Hastinapur?" He asked, swaying his hand over her head. "This war isn't going to be any normal war, Arya, it's going to be huge. It will be a clearance of the adharma to give birth to dharma. And for that, destruction is necessary. For a new world to birth, destruction is always necessary."

"You know, I never question you. But tell this to me, and please don't lie." She nodded. She had tried to hide many things from him and felt guilty every time. She knew that he would understand, but she didn't know if she could explain it properly at all. What if she misphrases it and there is a series of misunderstandings? That was all she was afraid of. Maybe because that's what happened in almost all the comedy movies she had watched back in Kaliyug.

"Fine, I won't lie to you."

"Who are you? Why and how do you know so much about what happened and what will happen?"

Taking a breath in, she swallowed. Swallowed hard. Perhaps it was to stop herself from uttering a single word. But to no avail, she had to tell him the truth. Lying, about something so huge, was something she would never do to him.

" Indulekha, the sister of the Pandavas, that's me. I am a daughter, a sister, a wife and a friend. I am the daughter of Chandra dev. I am all this, in this life. And the reason I know so much is because of my previous life. I was from the future, I knew every event which happened in your lives. But neither did you nor did Agnishika exist in the series of events of which I was aware." She took a pause, trying to decipher his feelings. He seemed to be deep in thought, yet listening to her.

"I never felt like you needed to know this," she continued, "It was my past life after all."

"It's a lot of information to digest," He facepalmed himself, standing up from the bed and wandering back and forth in the room. "I don't have many questions. But if you were someone from the future, is Agnishika someone too?"

"Yes, she was my sister back in Kaliyug." She replied, instantly.

"What about me? Was I someone you knew?"

"No, not at all. Remember our first meeting, when I asked you who you were in your previous life?" He nodded as she continued, "I was trying to know if you were someone I knew. Maybe ask Kanha, he knows everything." She smiled as he nodded wrapping her into a hug which he won't be able to give for a long time.

" She smiled as he nodded wrapping her into a hug which he won't be able to give for a long time