62. Dysphoria

dysphoria

dysphoria

/dɪsˈfɔːrɪə/

 noun

here, a state of worry.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Day 2

Some Time After Dusk

Kurukshetra

"Let's get the mischief started then!"

There was no mischief. Quite contrary to the statement, drowsy children, tired warriors and a seriously coffee-needing Indulekha were the sources of soberness. This statement of Nakul's had gotten some applause, though only by the children. The hype died after a few minutes, once the youngsters realised they'd have to stay awake most of the night.

The women surrounded the table, laying out plans and rough sketches of the enemies' camps. The men sat slightly far away on the opposite corner of the main camp, asked not to bother them while planning unless asked. Though the ladies insisted that the lot rest for the war tomorrow, none of the guys accepted. Chirayu, being the only male allowed at the table, made sure to be as adorable as he could to not lose the privilege. The ladies made sure to give him attention occasionally but mainly focused on their strategies.

Devika nodded to Indu's suggestions, her eyes remaining fixated on the maps. Valandhara and Karenumati were sure to brainstorm any helpful advice they could think of. Vijaya and Subhadra worked on Plan B, periodically tending to Chirayu's needs. Shikhandni, though still injured, wanted to partake in the planning. Her face, red and puffy from the tears shed for her sisters, still held a courageous unwavering look of strength. Uttara, not being a part of the journey, wanted to be of some help. Satyalekha and Madhusmriti decided to discuss the amenities they'd have to gather for the women rescued.

One rule that everyone mutually agreed to: No minor would accompany the women in the enemies' camp.

The men gleamed at the women of their houses with pride in their eyes. Abhimanyu, helping his father with the sketches, passed smiles to Uttara at any chance he got. While Uttara did the same, her smiles were surely for a short period as she kept getting dragged back into the discussion.

Arjun and Abhimanyu continued making rough sketches of the camps as the spies described them to him, as being the best artists the group had. Though they were also not allowed at the table, he and Abhimanyu were certainly closer to it than the other men. Nakul and Sahadev teamed up with Karn, making sure to pass dramatic glares to Arjun at every chance they got. Yudishthir, Krishna and Satyadev were discussing the war formations they could use for the next day. Though deep in discussion, they still took time out to show supporting smiles to their wives and sisters. Dhrishtadyumna and Bheem snacked on food together, unaffected by the discussions around them.