8. Archery.

It was time, time to activate Indu's plan. "Let's hope it goes well."

Indu stepped out of her chamber, to find two muscular men staring at her with stern looks. She could say, none of them are happy. She let out a small smile and said, "Pranipat."

They greeted her back in a low tone. As a concerning awkwardness surrounded them, the smile left her face. Arjun was the one to break the silence, "Seriously? I thought you were joking when you said that you'll go to him."

She looked at him and started, "I want to learn archery, why not from two of the best?"

Angraj was about to say something when she interrupted him saying, "Yes, yes. You're the best, I know."

A small smile came on his face, while Bhrata Arjun tried to control his laughter. "Fine, you can laugh."

A few seconds after that was said, the room was filled with the giggles of the two siblings. While they two laughed, Karn looked at both of them as his eyes softened.

Soon enough, he joined them as well.

"Ok,ok. Enough. Time for archery!" She felt that making them laugh was enough and she was starting to complete the mission, but boy was she wrong.

They reached the field and started with the teaching.

"First tell us how much you know," Karn asked as he kept his bow down. Indu kept on an awkward smile and replied, "That you use a bow and an arrow?" Unsure of what she said, she glanced at both of them who were trying to hold in their laughter. "Uh, alright. First, let's learn about the handgrips!" Arjun said, enthusiastically. She nodded, of course, her plan was half-baked. "I'll have to actually learn archery?" She sighed, realizing that she'll have to do this for the sake of their friendship.

She held the bow and Radhey corrected her grip. While Arjun told her about the grips, Karn showed them.

And, surprisingly, their coordination was great.

Of course, Indu was trying to listen, but she was way too joyful about the both of them!

Eventually, she got bored with hand grips and asked, "When do I get to make the arrows appear?"

That was the last straw for them, they burst into laughter leaving her dumbfounded. She stared at them as if she said something wrong while they both of them cackled.

"A lot later, you have to practice with already made arrows, which is also a few weeks after practice." They calmed down but she was startled. "Uh, fine. Well, can you two actually show me how you do it, I mean not teach me, just show me!"
They both nodded and each stood in front of a tree. They glanced a look at each other, then back at the tree.

They held their bows in front of their torsos and drew the bowstring back, letting their muscles flex. Their eyes narrowed towards their aim and an arrow presented itself on the bow. With no further ado, they release the string, and the arrow launched towards the apples on the tree, each arrow piercing through two. The arrows came back to their owners, giving them the apples. Both took one and held out the other one for her.

Karn and Arjun exchanged looks, which were a lot different than the first looks they exchanged. These were soft and confused eyes and those were cold and furious eyes.

Indu flashed a smile with a light chuckle, happy with the visible progress

Indu flashed a smile with a light chuckle, happy with the visible progress. She grabbed both of the apples from their hands and kept them on the small basket near the benches.

"I think its enough for today." Karn said while Arjun nodded.

***

Indu happily hopped through the palace, humming her favorite tune from kaliyug. Not only did she learn a bit about archery but she also took a step towards establishing their friendship! Oh, what a day it was!

"You know, you're not too bad yourself."

She heard Karn say. Without thinking twice, she followed the voice and found Arjun and Karn sitting on a bench, looking at the orange sky.
"You're fine as well." Came a reply from Arjun.

"But I still deem you as my competitor, Arjun."

"Mhm." He hummed back, leaving a chuckle.

Peace entered her heart and her mind was satisfied. With hearty eyes, she walked back to her chamber.

"I did it!" She squealed, leaving the dasis confused. Vibha, her best friend, smiled at her. Though she was her dasi, Indu never treated her like one. She was like the elder sister Indu never had.

Indu asked the maids to leave, seeing Vibha's keenness to talk. "Kya hua, Indu? Itni kush kyu ho?" Asked Vibha. Without replying, she wrapped her in a hug and chuckled. "Indu! Kya hua?!" She asked again. "I succeeded! I did it!"

Vibha knew that the more she will ask, the more complicated answers she will get. So she stopped and let Indu enjoy her moment.

"Now, he'll not die!!!"