23. The Wives

Years Later

A dasi walked in Agni's chamber where all three of them rested.  "Rajkumar Arjun is arriving. Maharaj has asked you to get an aarti thali to welcome Rajkumar's  wives."

"For his wives?"
"Yes, Rajkumar Arjun has brought Rajkumari Chitrangada with her son, Baburvahana, Rajkumari Ulupi with her son, Iravan and Rajkumari Subhadra. All three of his wives are here."
She nodded as the dasi left. She stood up and left, overwhelmed. Agni and Indu shared a look and then, followed her.
"Drau, are you fine?" Agni asked, sitting beside her. She held her arm with her warm ones. Draupadi lowered her head, hiding her face. "I'm fine."
"Oh, Krishnaa," Indu sat beside her too. Draupadi would always smile when Indu called her, 'Krishnaa'.  Though it was because of beautiful dark complexion like that of Krishna, she liked to think it referred to her as Krishna's sakhi.
"It's alright. They will be like your sisters; like us!" 
"No, I don't have any problem with them. It's just that I-I think Aarya's love will be divided. What if they don't get enough; what if I don't get enough? What if they're a replacement for me; have I not been a good wife?"
Indu sighed, wrapping her in a hug. "No, nothing like so will happen. He's my brother, he knows how to give equal love to everyone. He wouldn't be alive now, if he gave  Bro Nakul or someone else more love than me." They chuckled. And now, Indu finally understood how hard it would've been for the first wives. "And as for you, Krishnaa, you are the perfect wife anyone would want. if possible in this generation, I would marry you!"

"In this generation?"

"Yeah, the same gender can marry each other, at least in Kaliyug. Who knows, I might be totally in love with you!"

"Sure, but I can't have more than one spouse, can I?"

Agni and Indu started laughing at that, leaving her confused and soon when she realized, she started chuckling too.
"Fine, let's go now." Said draupadi in between her chuckled.

-------------

The three of them touched her feet, taking her blessing. "Kalyanamatsu  Bhava!"

"You both are adorable, I'm sure you have the valor and courage like that of your father." Said Drau, kneeling down to be at the level of the two kids. 

Everyone entered the palace and Indu didn't wait another another second to run and hug her dear Bhrata. 

"I missed you so much!" 

"So did I, Indu." He said, ruffling her hair. "I now have nephews to play with! I swear, I'll be the best Aunt I can be!"

"I'm sure you will be." He smiled, entering the palace with her.

              --------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter! I couldn't get much time today,  I will definitely update a longer chapter, later on.