40. Troubles

"Nothing's wrong with Rajkumari, though

"Nothing's wrong with Rajkumari, though." The medic frowned, not being able to find a single problem with her body. "She had been getting enough food and she isn't exhausted." He got up and decided to talk to them outside in hopes of not causing more stress to Indulekha. Kanha decided to stay, smiling at his troubled sakhi. "What's happening to me, Kanha? I have been feeling under the weather these days, do you have something to do with this?"

"Yes,"

"What!?" She huffed. Her state was miserable and she was trying her best to not worry her brothers. And He simply said 'Yes' as if her pain and suffering were a joke? She always had a headache during training but despite that she trained vigorously. When she thought of it, maybe she was overworking herself.

"Kanha!" She pouted. She still acted like a child, much like Draupadi.

"I can't tell you exactly why I'm doing this, but trust me, this is giving you a lot of strength. Physical and mental strength."

"I swear to god, no amount of mental strength will ever make me understand anything you do, Kanha,"

He dramatically rolled his eyes at her comment and sighed. "You never appreciate my hard work, do you?" He flicked her forehead to which she whined. "Don't flick me," which made him flick her again.

"Come on, my head already hurts!" He laughed at her while she rolled her eyes. It had been weeks since they had enjoyed troubling each other and it made them feel homely. It made her feel safe and warm.

"I'll go now, I think your husband has something to say to you." Saying so, he started moving towards the exit of the hut.

"Wait," She called out as he looked back, with his eyebrows raised.

"Me and Satya were trying to have a child and couldn't bear one. And now with the vanvas, we are separated and right after this is the war. How can I possibly get a child, Kanha?" She shifted on the mattress, scared of the reply she might get.

"Pray to God, and your wish would always be answered."

He left the hut and signalled Satyadev that he could enter now. Making haste, he entered the hut and wrapped Indu in a hug. Seeing his wife after 2-3 weeks in such a state worried him further. "Have you been getting enough food? Do you over-train yourself? You have been getting adequate amount of sleep, right?" He bombarded her with a lot of questions to which she simply sighed. "Arya, I am absolutely fine." She smiled. "Although I do feel light-headed."

After comprehending that she was fine, he sighed, smiling. "You make me question my sanity, Indu."

"Marrying me and being sane? Are you dreaming?" She replied, scoffing.

"To be honest, amongst the whole Kuru clan, you seem the sanest to me." He showed his teeth, smiling brightly at her. His smile made her forget the fact that she had just fainted, that her head hurt, that her health might be the worst that it could've been in years. It all vanished with his smile.

And then she promised herself. "This smile shall never vanish from your mouth like it vanishes my problems."

"I asked Kanha for guidance, regarding our child. He asked me to pray to God, so when should we start praying to him?" Her absolute love for Kanha made him smile as he replied, "Let's pray everyday and hopefully we'll get the fruit of it."

He encased his hands in hers and planted a soft kiss on it. Her chuckling and giggling were audible outside the hut where the Pandavas were bidding goodbyes to the medic and Vasudev. And then, the five brothers came in.

"Maharaj, do you plan on taking her hand with you?" Bheem nudged Nakul to look at the couple. In a moment, a red blushing Satyadev left her hands as she her chuckling stopped. "Bhrata!" She complained with mock anger. "Have we committed a crime, Maharani?" Nakul rolled his eyes, his tears still visible.

"Leave it, my head hurts too much for me to deal with this right now." She said as slept back on the mattress. Satyadev bid her a bye and thanked the Pandavas for notifying him as he left.

The five sighed at her. The five tried to smile. The five failed.

The five, afraid of losing her, stayed awake the whole night beside her.