79. Catharsis

catharsis

catharsis

/kəˈθɑːsɪs/

noun

the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Day 5

Night

Pandava Camp

Kurukshetra

"Indulekha, you're in danger."

"When am I not?" Indulekha asked with a soft chuckle, her brother urging her to head inside the tent due to the cold. Karn let her enter first, forgetting that the chausar board was laying in the middle of the chamber. Her eyes landed on it as soon as she walked in, her body freezing merely at the sight of it. She closed her eyes, not wanting the flashback of the humiliation again. But her exhaustion overcame her and she knew if she kept her eyes closed for even a moment longer, she'd fall asleep standing.

Her eyes opened as she stared at anything but the chausar board, walking swiftly beside it and sitting on one of the cushions.

"Privacy," Karn said, sheepishly as he shoved the board under his bed. The servants and soldiers left, a bit of a shuffling sound in the tent as they did. Indu removed her shawl and placed it beside her; the tent was somehow much warmer than outside. He sat on the vacant seating in front of her, the only thing separating the two chairs was a small table with a vase on top of it.

"Sorry," He mumbled and began the topic once she assured him it was fine, "Duryodhan wants revenge for when you harmed him. Is this about you capturing him in war?"

Hearing the name, and the freshly placed memories of the sabha in her mind, she sighed.

"Or maybe when I magicked him unconscious." She deadpanned.

Karn squinted his eyes at her, unsure if it was the exhaustion and deliria speaking or if she was completely serious. He nodded, realising she wasn't joking, as a sign for her to continue.

"Only a few people know, Jyeshtabhrata, my hands glow. Chandra Dev enhances the six mental faculties—imagination, memory, intuition, reason, perception, and will. I have complete control over all six of these, on myself and others. The thing is, I am so exhausted now and Kanha hasn't trained me to use these. I can't use it to heal myself, as of now, and I knocked Duryodhan unconscious with an illusion due to my fight-or-flight instinct, at least that's what Subhadra and Kanha keep telling me." She explained, making sure to not overcomplicate things when she herself knew so little.