47. Arjun's Decision

"What do you mean you can't leave them?" Indulekha, anger visible on her face, asked as swayed the little boy, Chirayu, in her arms

"Don't bother me, Indu," Arjun responded, resisting the urge to shut the door in her face. He was his usual self now, ditching the disguise of Brihanala and telling the family who he truly was.

"Our Agyatvasa will get over in a few minutes and you're not ready to leave the family? How will this work? What about the war-"
He interrupted her, "War? Is that all you care about? Do you not realise how many lives we will lose while trying to punish them?"

Bheem stared at him, confused at every word he uttered. Indu handed over the baby to Bheem as she stepped closer to Arjun, who seemed to be glaring at her.

"Kanha told me, that their deaths are necessary for a new world to emerge. Don't tell me you don't trust his words?" She gulped, trying not to let the little boy see her tears.
Why was her brother being distant and mean to her?

"I don't want to leave them." He avoided the question and closed the door in their faces while she stared at the house in dismay.

"W-what?"

***

"And then, he had the audacity to shut the door in our faces. I'm older than him! Where are his manners?" Bheem complained to Yudishthir who seemed to be confused at his Phalguna's behavior. They all were supposed to meet in this forest, again at the end of their Agyatvasa. But upon seeing the absence of Arjun, Indu volunteered to get him. And of course, they wouldn't let Indu go alone, despite how skilled she was a weaponry now, and that's why Bheem tagged along.

"Why is he so mean to me, these days? Where is my Bhrata Arjun, whom I used to bicker with every day? We used to fight with sticks in the forest and pillows in the palace, now why does he fight with me using his sharp words?" Indu sat at the edge of a rock, tears brimming at her eyes.

"All of a sudden, what did I do to make him hate me so much?"

Sahadev walked over to her and hugged her, wrapping her from the side.

"He had trust issues, we all knew that, but only with strangers. Why is he distant to you?" He questioned, rubbing circles on her back.

"Is it because I told him I was from Kaliyug?"

"But that was your past life. Though, you remember incidents from back then, you aren't the same person." Nakul stated as the other two brothers huddled closer to Indu.

"I know," She sniffled.

"Well, only Vasudev can convince him, right?" Bheem asked.

"Yes, but let's give him the choice. If he really isn't participating in the war or not leaving that house, there's nothing we can do about that."

Arjun played a significant role in the war, and Indu knew that. And the brothers were aware of his importance as well.

So, could they really just let him go?