41.Revelations

Weeks pass into months and months pass into a year

Weeks pass into months and months pass into a year. It was finally time for the Pandavas to separate their paths. As decided, Arjun and Bheem would go to attain astras and knowledge. Nakul and Sahadev would stay on guard with Indu the first year and will keep alternating the duty with Yudishthir every year. Yudishthir had decided to gain punya by serving the rishis and saints who they would cross paths with. Indu, amongst all of them, decided to improve her knowledge of warfare with the help of her Jyeshta and continue practicing for the war. But something she didn't tell them, was that she and her husband were prating everyday at sunset. Even though they were away from each other, they knew it wouldn't interfere with their devotion and utter desire for a child.

Indu POV

[After many chapters we finally get an Indu POV yayyy]

"I will miss all of you, especially you Bro Nakul, I love you the most." I grinned after hugging my brothers. Bro Nakul had a wide smile plastered on his face contrary to the exaggerated shock on the other fours' face. "Really, he's your favourite?" Jyeshta questioned, with his eyebrows raised. I chuckled and nodded. And it was not a moment after that I was picked up and spun around the air like a baby by Bro Nakul. The forest seemed to be filled with mine and his laughs and the rests' grunts.

The reason I liked him was nothing but his innocence, his calm yet welcoming aura, his fun personality, his sense of humour and his adorable eyes. We were always partners in crime and would always get all the scolding from Mata Kunti and Mata Madri. Another reason why I prefer his presence rather than any of my brothers was because of our mutual hatred for politics and rajniti. Never once would we willingly want to enter a place with loathing, conspiracies, and death. And I found our mutual hatred comforting.

Yes, to me, it felt as a betrayal to the rest of brothers for me to have a favourite, but such conditions always exist. No matter what, I cannot make myself look at all of them as equals when they all are so different.

"Why would you miss him, though? He's not even leaving you unlike us." Bhrata Arjun mumbled. To which I replied, "Even a moment away from him feels eternity!" I emphasized my words as I had a look of pride on my face

"It's alright, we'll just go talk to our favourite sister, Dushala." Bhrata Bheem said, being petty as always.

"Yes, she's the only sister who actually loves us." Bhrata Sahadev joined in, leaning against Bhrata Bheem as he knew that Bhrata Bheem wouldn't stumble. I really wanted to chuckle at their stupidity but somewhere inside, the guilt really is present. "I think she prefers the Kauravas more than you," I rolled my eyes, getting a nudge from Jyeshta.

Jyeshta's unusually 'fun' behaviour was justified. And by 'fun' behaviour I mean the questioning of Bro Nakul being my favourite and him nudging me, as of now. I had noticed him trying his best to engage in our bits rather than asking us to stop, I noticed him joking around with us, I noticed him finally let go of his responsibilities at the eldest and enjoy as a brother. And I'm sure the others noticed this too and were relieved that he was finally loosening up instead of carrying all the burdens. Whether it was the burden of his own decision or ig his younger siblings'. But one thing I noticed which I'm sure no one else did, I noticed him apologise to me every night, after he'd believe that everyone including me was asleep, for the Dyut Sabha.